    TIA.

    --
    http://www.isthisyourcat.com
    T.J., Jan 22, 2006

  2. T.J.

    Ingeborg Guest

    "T.J." <> wrote in news:dr0m1r$2ia$1
    @nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

    > I currently have dual monitors but are looking at
    > hooking up another.
    > I have a Radeon x550 graphic card, and after looking
    > at the specs see it only supports 2 monitors.
    > Any recommendations on a good basic card that
    > supports 3 monitors. I don't need it for gaming or
    > anything like that, just for coding and building websites.
    > Also anything else I need to be aware of when going to
    > 3 monitors?

    You can plug in a 2nd PCI graphics card.
    Ingeborg, Jan 23, 2006

  3. T.J.

    T.J. Guest

    "Ingeborg" <> wrote in message
    > "T.J." <> wrote in news:dr0m1r$2ia$1
    > @nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:
    >
    >> I currently have dual monitors but are looking at
    >> hooking up another.
    >> I have a Radeon x550 graphic card, and after looking
    >> at the specs see it only supports 2 monitors.
    >> Any recommendations on a good basic card that
    >> supports 3 monitors. I don't need it for gaming or
    >> anything like that, just for coding and building websites.
    >> Also anything else I need to be aware of when going to
    >> 3 monitors?
    >>

    > You can plug in a 2nd PCI graphics card.

    Thanks,
    Is it really just as simple as that?
    Can I just use my original card for the existing monitors
    and just add an additional one for a 3rd monitor?
    Will they all then be hooked up together,
    i.e. can I drag the cursor across all 3?

    --
    http://www.isthisyourcat.com
    T.J., Jan 23, 2006
  4. T.J.

    Ingeborg Guest

    "T.J." <> wrote in news:dr2mu5$r9s$-infra.bt.com:

    > "Ingeborg" <> wrote in message
    >> "T.J." <> wrote in news:dr0m1r$2ia$1
    >> @nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:
    >>
    >>> I currently have dual monitors but are looking at
    >>> hooking up another.
    >>> I have a Radeon x550 graphic card, and after looking
    >>> at the specs see it only supports 2 monitors.
    >>> Any recommendations on a good basic card that
    >>> supports 3 monitors. I don't need it for gaming or
    >>> anything like that, just for coding and building websites.
    >>> Also anything else I need to be aware of when going to
    >>> 3 monitors?
    >>>

    >> You can plug in a 2nd PCI graphics card.

    > Thanks,
    > Is it really just as simple as that?
    > Can I just use my original card for the existing monitors
    > and just add an additional one for a 3rd monitor?
    > Will they all then be hooked up together,
    > i.e. can I drag the cursor across all 3?

    Yes. Have a look here:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/display_multi_monitors_overview.mspx>
    Ingeborg, Jan 23, 2006
  5. T.J.

    Mitch Guest

    > > You can plug in a 2nd PCI graphics card.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Is it really just as simple as that?
    > Can I just use my original card for the existing monitors
    > and just add an additional one for a 3rd monitor?
    > Will they all then be hooked up together,
    > i.e. can I drag the cursor across all 3?

    Yes, that is indeed what everyone has always done before someone built
    those new dual-monitor cards.
    Why in the world would you think everything had to be done with just
    one card? You have more slots, right?
    Mitch, Jan 23, 2006