    wrong.

    Connection correct, has multiple monitors enabled, but will not let me tick
    the box which says 'Extend windows onto this monitor'. Help please...

    Nowhere, Apr 13, 2005

  2. Nowhere

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Nowhere wrote:
    > I have connected my monitor to laptop XP. It works fine on start up
    > and shut down, but otherwise the monitor just shows a blue screen!
    > What am I doing wrong.
    >
    > Connection correct, has multiple monitors enabled, but will not let
    > me tick the box which says 'Extend windows onto this monitor'. Help
    > please...

    Go here:
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp#Laptops
    Latest XP drivers?

    Dr. Bill, Apr 13, 2005

  3. Nowhere

    Nowhere Guest

    Got it working!! Videos are reduced in size, but quality better. Acer laptop
    is a poor picture next to an old monitor!

    Nowhere, Apr 13, 2005
  4. Nowhere

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Nowhere wrote:
    > Got it working!! Videos are reduced in size, but quality better. Acer
    > laptop is a poor picture next to an old monitor!

    Old monitor? What brand? quite often it's possible to improve performance. I
    have a few oldies myself! Untill now it was always possible to download the
    appropriate drivers for the old monitor. Check the label on the back of the
    monitor for details. Check the Compatibility List for your monitor.
    http://www.activewin.com/winxp/winxphclx86.txt
    More about multiple monitors here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/northrup_multimon.mspx

    Dr. Bill, Apr 14, 2005