    phone off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via the VOIP.

    Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model numbers etc?
    , Aug 29, 2006

  2. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
    > single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
    > line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
    > that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
    > (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
    > added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
    > off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
    > the VOIP.
    >
    > Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
    > numbers etc?

    The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

    http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
    > > single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT
    > > PSTN line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want
    > > is that incoming calling on the BT line ring the
    > > telephone (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the
    > > telephone as an added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e.
    > > taking the phone off-hook when no incoming call) would
    > > always route via the VOIP.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
    > > numbers etc?

    > The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.
    >
    > http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    >

    > Ivor

    I forgot, if you would like the convenience of everything (ADSL modem,
    router, VoIP adaptor) in one box, the AVM Fritz!Box range are worth a
    look.

    www.avm.de/en

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 29, 2006
  4. Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
    > > single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
    > > line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
    > > that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
    > > (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
    > > added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
    > > off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
    > > the VOIP.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
    > > numbers etc?

    > The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.
    >
    > http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    >

    > Ivor

    Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with an existing
    ATA. Any ideas?
    , Aug 29, 2006
  5. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow
    > > > a single telephone to be connected to both a normal
    > > > BT PSTN line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I
    > > > want is that incoming calling on the BT line ring the
    > > > telephone (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the
    > > > telephone as an added bonus!), but outbound calls
    > > > (i.e. taking the phone off-hook when no incoming
    > > > call) would always route via the VOIP.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
    > > > numbers etc?

    > > The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.
    > >
    > > http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    > >

    > > Ivor

    > Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with
    > an existing ATA. Any ideas?

    Not really, no. Only a two-line phone such as the BT Converse 2025 (now
    obsolete but still available quite cheaply). If you want DECT then it gets
    expensive..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 29, 2006
  6. paul123 Guest

    wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
    > > > single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
    > > > line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
    > > > that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
    > > > (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
    > > > added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
    > > > off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
    > > > the VOIP.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
    > > > numbers etc?

    > > The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.
    > >
    > > http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    > >

    > > Ivor

    > Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with an existing
    > ATA. Any ideas?

    There's another thread for a SIP/DECT phone that might interest you -
    though it would replace an exeisting ATA. At least it'd allow PSTN or
    VOIP calls, in and out - the Siemens C450IP :
    http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.voip/browse_frm/thread/5b17ca60e8608df4/#
    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  7. Scope Guest

    wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
    >>> single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
    >>> line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
    >>> that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
    >>> (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
    >>> added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
    >>> off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
    >>> the VOIP.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
    >>> numbers etc?

    >> The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.
    >>
    >> http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    >>

    >> Ivor

    > Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with an existing
    > ATA. Any ideas?

    There is always the "combine-a-line" switch.. Im using one and its
    working OK.. It does automatically switch incoming calls (2 lines), but
    will use the last used line to make outgoing calls.. So basically if its
    not set to the line you want to use (LED light on the box) you need to
    press the button to change line. It gets a bit getting used to, but its
    working OK if you keep an eye on the box when making phonecalls.

    They are sold by a guy in the US, and can be found on ebay.
    Scope, Aug 29, 2006
  8. Guest

    Scope wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    > >>

    > >> Ivor

    > > Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with an existing
    > > ATA. Any ideas?
    > >

    > There is always the "combine-a-line" switch.. Im using one and its
    > working OK.. It does automatically switch incoming calls (2 lines), but
    > will use the last used line to make outgoing calls.. So basically if its
    > not set to the line you want to use (LED light on the box) you need to
    > press the button to change line. It gets a bit getting used to, but its
    > working OK if you keep an eye on the box when making phonecalls.
    >
    > They are sold by a guy in the US, and can be found on ebay.

    Thanks. I've found this on eBay. I want to use BT for incoming and
    VOIP for outgoing calls. With this device, do incoming calls affect
    the "last used line" and hence determine how the next outbound call
    gets routed?
    , Aug 29, 2006
  9. Scope Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks. I've found this on eBay. I want to use BT for incoming and
    > VOIP for outgoing calls. With this device, do incoming calls affect
    > the "last used line" and hence determine how the next outbound call
    > gets routed?

    Yes, that is correct.. If you get an inbound call on BT and you want to
    use VoIP you'll need to press the button on the switch to change the
    line. Bit inconvinient, but.
    Scope, Aug 29, 2006
  10. . Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> schreef in bericht
    > <> wrote in message
    >> I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
    >> single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
    >> line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
    >> that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
    >> (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
    >> added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
    >> off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
    >> the VOIP.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
    >> numbers etc?

    > The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.
    >
    > http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    >

    > Ivor

    Hi,

    I would rather take the SPA3102, has the same price and is more flexible
    with build-in router.

    Robert
    ., Aug 30, 2006