    computer."

    I was unaware that I had anothe LAN utility and I don't know wherer to find
    it or how to disable it. Any clue on how to resolve the above issue?
    MSeurat, Feb 6, 2008

  2. Hi
    The Intel(R) Pro/Wireless LAN adapter has its own Intel provided Wireless
    utility. It can also be controlled by Windows Wireless Zero Configuration
    (WZC).
    However only one Utility at the time can be loaded in memory and or running
    as a service.
    To switch Off the Intel Utility, refer to the Utility Help.
    To Switch On or Off WZC, see here, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 6, 2008

  3. MSeurat

    Pavel A. Guest

    The current PROset version can very easily switch to WZC and back,
    there is definitely no need to disable WZC globally.
    Just click on the PROset taskbar icon and select "use Windows to
    manage the adapter" or smth. like this.

    When the Centrino driver is controlled by PROset, it can detect
    interference of other utility. How it does this:
    the OIDs used by PROSet are proprietary. When the driver sees
    a mix of those proprietary OIDs and standard MS OIDs, it reports to
    PROset, which causes this message.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Feb 7, 2008