multiple IP addresses on Cisco PIX

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Simon, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Hi,

    We've got a Cisco PIX 516e currently connect to our LAN and to an ADSL
    internet router and have just got a new fibre connection from our
    telco.

    The Telco have a switch for us to plug the wan interface of the PIX
    into and have given us an ip address and a next hop IP.
    The ip address they've given to us however is not the same as the 2
    new public ip addresses they've given us so I'm a little confused
    about how I configure the Cisco.

    To clarify: (example ip addresses used)
    Ip for wan interface on Cisco is: 10.10.10.1/24, next hop (or default
    gateway) is 10.10.10.2/24.
    Neither of these addresses will be visible to the web, they're Telecom
    internal network addresses.
    We've been given 210.99.99.99 and 210.99.99.100 as public IP addresses
    to use (to advertise to the web for smtp traffic, vpn connections
    etc).
    Can I put the 210.99.99.99 address on the WAN interface of the PIX as
    well as the 10.10.10.1 address?
    If so, how? How do I ensure traffic flows OK?

    Thanks,

    Simon
    Simon, Mar 16, 2005