    me to do multiple images on one page in photoshop 7?

    I have tried to figure it out for myself, but can't -

    Thanks for any help,

    HIKER4LIFE, Nov 14, 2004

  2. HIKER4LIFE

    HRosita Guest

    "HIKER4LIFE" wrote:

    >Is it possible, that some one of you might give me the information to allow
    >me to do multiple images on one page in photoshop 7?

    Hi,

    How many images per page?
    Just create the images in the size you want, create a new empty canvas with the
    same PPI as the pictures, and drag and drop (use the move tool).
    Rosita

    HRosita, Nov 16, 2004

  3. HIKER4LIFE

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, et
    says...

    >"HIKER4LIFE" wrote:
    >
    >>Is it possible, that some one of you might give me the information to allow
    >>me to do multiple images on one page in photoshop 7?

    >Hi,
    >
    >How many images per page?
    >Just create the images in the size you want, create a new empty canvas with

    the
    >same PPI as the pictures, and drag and drop (use the move tool).
    >Rosita

    Yes, to the above. I'd suggest too, that you use the Grid, or make Guides on
    your New Image document for alignment. In PS7, each image will come in on a
    separate Layer. You can even add a Layer Mask, to allow you to Crop the
    separate images, without actually Cropping them - so you can change your mind.
    Save as PSD, so all Layers are intact (especially if you do Adjustment Layers
    to the Layers to match exposure, color, etc.), then Flatten Image, Save_As
    TIFF, or whatever you wish or need.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Nov 16, 2004
  4. HIKER4LIFE

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >"HIKER4LIFE" wrote:

    >Is it possible, that some one of you might give me the information to allow
    >me to do multiple images on one page in photoshop 7?

    Rosita's suggestion about placing the images on a page you created is fine,
    especially if you want the most precision. This is how I usually do it, with a
    grid of guides so the images will snap to the right spots.

    But if you want to automate the task there are a couple of things you can try
    (these are in CS, I *think* they are in V7 but I'm not certain). First, put
    the images in a separate folder and do File > Automate > Picture Package -- for
    'source images' select 'folder'. This works well for a couple of images you
    want to gang for printing.

    The other automagic way is File > Automate > Contact Sheet II and set up the
    'document' and 'thumbnails' sections to place multiple images on a page easily.
    Read the Help files on these two automated steps to get the nitty gritty
    details.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Nov 16, 2004
  5. HIKER4LIFE

    HIKER4LIFE Guest

    Thanks to those of you who offered my solution - it is appreciated.

    Have a Great Turkey Day!

    Hiker

    HIKER4LIFE, Nov 16, 2004
  6. HIKER4LIFE

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, bhilton665@aol.
    comedy says...

    >>"HIKER4LIFE" wrote:

    >>Is it possible, that some one of you might give me the information to allow
    >>me to do multiple images on one page in photoshop 7?

    >Rosita's suggestion about placing the images on a page you created is fine,
    >especially if you want the most precision. This is how I usually do it, with

    >grid of guides so the images will snap to the right spots.
    >
    >But if you want to automate the task there are a couple of things you can try
    >(these are in CS, I *think* they are in V7 but I'm not certain). First, put
    >the images in a separate folder and do File > Automate > Picture Package --

    for
    >'source images' select 'folder'. This works well for a couple of images you
    >want to gang for printing.
    >
    >The other automagic way is File > Automate > Contact Sheet II and set up the
    >'document' and 'thumbnails' sections to place multiple images on a page

    easily.
    > Read the Help files on these two automated steps to get the nitty gritty
    >details.
    >
    >Bill

    Picture Package, huh, I had not even thought about that. Guess that is what I
    get for doing things the way I did back in v2.5, or 3.0 with Layers! <G> I'll
    check it out Bill, thanks for the tip. I've never even looked at it.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Nov 16, 2004
  7. Hi

    You can do multiple images easily by creating a canvas large enough to
    contain the images you want. Then just cut and paste all your images
    in.

    Best Regards
    Gary Hendricks
    www.basic-digital-photography.com

    Gary Hendricks, Nov 17, 2004
  8. HIKER4LIFE

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >> But if you want to automate the task there are a couple of things
    >> you can try ... File > Automate > Picture Package
    >> File > Automate > Contact Sheet II

    >From: (Hunt)
    >
    >Picture Package, huh, I had not even thought about that. Guess that is what
    >I get for doing things the way I did back in v2.5, or 3.0 with Layers! <G>

    Hey, I still do mine the old fashion way too, even drawing out the grid with
    Guides :) But for those who wish to automate it's worth looking at the new
    stuff ... I actually used 'Contact Sheet' once myself ...

    Bill Hilton, Nov 17, 2004
  9. Bill Hilton wrote:

    >>>But if you want to automate the task there are a couple of things
    >>>you can try ... File > Automate > Picture Package
    >>>File > Automate > Contact Sheet II

    >>From: (Hunt)
    >>
    >>Picture Package, huh, I had not even thought about that. Guess that is what
    >>I get for doing things the way I did back in v2.5, or 3.0 with Layers! <G>

    > Hey, I still do mine the old fashion way too, even drawing out the grid with
    > Guides :) But for those who wish to automate it's worth looking at the new
    > stuff ... I actually used 'Contact Sheet' once myself ...

    hah! I guess there's a benny to being pretty new at PS....

    Both Contact Sheet and Picture package also work out of the File
    Browser, very nice as it does it on selected photos; no need to move
    things in and out of folders.

    But Picture Package seems to want to make layouts of one photo repeated
    in various sizes on a single sheet. If you can use multiple sources, it
    wasn't intuitive to me.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Nov 17, 2004