    --
    Sincerely

    RalphOcean
    RalphOcean, Sep 5, 2006

  2. RalphOcean

    gwtc Guest

    RalphOcean wrote:
    > I run Panda antivirus online from www.pandasoftware.com. It is a good
    > tool but ... after scanning and deleting some worms from emails I have
    > all my eMails multiplied by 4. Each one is 4 tmes in my inbox but only
    > one is proper. The other three have the same subject but the other
    > content, usually random.
    >
    > How to rearange and solve it?
    > I tried to use File->Rearange (I have the Polish version so I have tried
    > to guess how it is named ;-)

    This is going to be hard cause I don't know Polish and you might not
    understand what I'm saying. Cause I have no idea what Rearange is!
    But here goes anyways:

    First, Compact the Folders [under File]. Does that do anything?

    If not, then close TB (Thunderbird), and using your File Manager,
    locate the mail section of your TB profile. Inside it you will find
    some files that have an extension of *.msf, such as inbox.msf,
    sent.msf, and so forth. Once found, delete them. Do not delete any
    file that doesn't have an extension. Now restart TB. Does that solve
    the problem?

    To find your TB profile you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    Also, there might be some help for you here: http://mozillapl.org/
    especially the forum.

    Good Luck!!!!

    --
    Pic of the day:
    http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=freetogoodhomeor3.jpg
    gwtc, Sep 5, 2006

  3. RalphOcean

    RalphOcean Guest

    Sorry for misspelling, should be rearrange!

    gwtc napisa³(a)/wrote:
    > RalphOcean wrote:
    >> I run Panda antivirus online from www.pandasoftware.com. It is a good
    >> tool but ... after scanning and deleting some worms from emails I have
    >> all my eMails multiplied by 4. Each one is 4 tmes in my inbox but only
    >> one is proper. The other three have the same subject but the other
    >> content, usually random.
    >>
    >> How to rearange and solve it?
    >> I tried to use File->Rearange (I have the Polish version so I have
    >> tried to guess how it is named ;-)

    > This is going to be hard cause I don't know Polish and you might not
    > understand what I'm saying. Cause I have no idea what Rearange is! But
    > here goes anyways:
    >
    > First, Compact the Folders [under File]. Does that do anything?

    No, nothing.

    > If not, then close TB (Thunderbird), and using your File Manager, locate
    > the mail section of your TB profile. Inside it you will find some files
    > that have an extension of *.msf, such as inbox.msf, sent.msf, and so
    > forth. Once found, delete them. Do not delete any file that doesn't
    > have an extension. Now restart TB. Does that solve the problem?

    Partially, some eMail are now good, but some of them are strange without
    subject, random chars etc. Is it special function to check this
    database? I mean cohesion of database.

    RalphOcean, Sep 6, 2006