    joseph white Guest

    My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
    multiple signatures with it?

    joseph white, Nov 22, 2004

  2. > My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
    > multiple signatures with it?

    I'm also using Thunderbird and the only way I found to solve this issue
    is to have multiple "dummy" accounts with no valid POP or IMAP settings
    but that duplicate my main account's IMAP (outgoing) settings. I have
    one signature file for each account.

    When I compose a message, I have a drop-down list as my "From:" field,
    from which I can choose the desired account, therefore the desired
    signature.

    Hope this helps.

    T.

    --
    Thomas Guignard
    Laboratory of Electromagnetics and Acoustics

    Thomas Guignard, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Thomas Guignard wrote:
    >> My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
    >> multiple signatures with it?

    > I'm also using Thunderbird and the only way I found to solve this issue
    > is to have multiple "dummy" accounts with no valid POP or IMAP settings
    > but that duplicate my main account's IMAP (outgoing) settings. I have
    > one signature file for each account.
    >
    > When I compose a message, I have a drop-down list as my "From:" field,
    > from which I can choose the desired account, therefore the desired
    > signature.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > T.

    DIdn't 0.8 have support for multiole identities?

    In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.

    Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second (or
    more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have multipe
    identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 23, 2004
  4. Leonidas Jones a écrit :
    > Thomas Guignard wrote:
    >
    >>> My email client is Thunderbird 0.8 . Is there a program around to have
    >>> multiple signatures with it?

    > In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.
    >
    > Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second (or
    > more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have multipe
    > identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

    Thanks, good idea :)

    GeorgeWildBeast, Dec 12, 2004
  5. GeorgeWildBeast wrote:

    >> In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.
    >>
    >> Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second (or
    >> more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have
    >> multipe identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

    > Thanks, good idea :)

    I really like the TagZilla extension. It lets me pick which signature I
    want after clicking on Send.

    William W. Plummer, Dec 12, 2004
  6. joseph white

    Guest

    William W. Plummer schrieb:
    > GeorgeWildBeast wrote:

    >>> In 0.9, click Tools>>Account Settings and the account in question.
    >>>
    >>> Click the Manage Identities button. Click Add, and create a second
    >>> (or more) identity for the account, with its own sig. You can have
    >>> multipe identities, without cluttering things up with dummy accounts.

    >> Thanks, good idea :)

    > I really like the TagZilla extension. It lets me pick which signature I
    > want after clicking on Send.

    I don´t like it, because its a click more and has no automatic.

    Jan-Peter

    , Dec 13, 2004