    What is the best way to set this up?

    Thanks in advance,

    Tuz

    Tuz, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Tuz

    Edward\(1\) Guest

    I would expect to find instructions on your ISP's website. Go there and
    register the new address and then set up Outlook the same way you did for
    your own address but for your partners.

    Good luck,

    Ed

    "Tuz" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from my
    > standard email address.
    >
    > What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my

    partner,

    Edward\(1\), Feb 18, 2004

  3. Tuz

    Tuz Guest

    Thanks,

    I understand the actual setting up in outlook.

    What I was leaning to is how to completely seperate them without having to
    go the whole way and creating a new user account in XP. :)

    Is that possible?

    Tuz, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Tuz

    Spider Guest

    Tuz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from my
    > standard email address.
    >
    > What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my partner,
    > so that she can have her own private email address/password etc.
    >
    > What is the best way to set this up?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tuz

    While you can setup multiple profiles in Outlook, the best way to do
    what you want would be to setup a whole Windows profile. If you are
    using Windows XP or Win 2000, go to Control Panel / Users and create a
    user account. Reboot and log in as the new user. Open Outlook and you
    will be prompted to setup email. Set it up for that user.

    --

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Tuz

    Yogi Guest

    You should be able to set up a separate profile for your partner. Go to
    the mail icon in your control panel and in here you can create another
    profile.

    Yogi

    Yogi, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Tuz

    Ed Guest

    The maximum separation you can get without a dedicated user account in XP is
    as suggested.

    If your partner sets his/her password without giving it to you and without
    enabling "Remember password", you will not be able to access his/her
    e-mail - which will, of course, be addressed to him/her.

    Best wishes,

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Tuz

    Rifleman Guest

    "Tuz" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks,
    >
    > I understand the actual setting up in outlook.
    >
    > What I was leaning to is how to completely seperate them without having to
    > go the whole way and creating a new user account in XP. :)
    >
    > Is that possible?

    Creating a separate User is MUCH the best way of doing it. It's only a
    couple of mouse clicks extra from creating a new Outlook profile anyway, and
    then gives that user a complete set of Document folders etc etc.

    Rifleman, Feb 18, 2004
  8. Tuz

    Anonymous Guest

    Hmm.. If you don't want to setup a new user account simply create a new
    email account in Outlook with your friends details minus the password/
    obviously adjust your account and take out your password...
    Now when you perform a send/receive... each of those accounts will prompt
    for a password. Simply press cancel on your friends account and type in
    your password for your account....
    This will create the separate account but there will be nothing to stop
    him/her looking at your emails...... For true security the easiest way is as
    has been suggested (create a new user account in XP)

    Anonymous, Feb 18, 2004

    Misa Mirkovic, Feb 21, 2004