    quick time?

    Raghu
    Chennai, India

    Raghunath, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Raghunath

    Canopus Guest

    "Raghunath" <> wrote in message
    news:bp7qin$1kvhnp$-berlin.de...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Is editing of several photos in one go possible in Irfan View? As of now

    I've been
    > editing photos one by one, so is there any way I can avoid it if I want to

    edit a
    > hundred pics in
    > quick time?
    >
    > Raghu
    > Chennai, India

    Greetings Raghu,

    It's all according what you mean by editing. If you mean enhancing then not
    really as every picture would have to be treated separately, the settings to
    enhance one would be different for another. However you can batch rename
    and batch convert to other formats. Also if you go to File > Batch
    Conversion/Rename then select Batch Conversion on the panel that comes up
    then check Use Advance Options and click on Set Advanced Options another
    panel will come up with options to batch resize, crop, change colour depth
    plus a load of simple enhancements you can apply to all images selected. As
    I said previously though,your settings may be OK for one image, but, not for
    others. One picture may look OK with so much sharpening, another not.
    Likewise, especially with photos, one may need lightening by x amount,
    another may need darkening by x amount. You'll have to experiment with
    these settings and don't overwrite the originals so that you can always go
    back to them if anything goes wrong.

    Rob

    Canopus, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Raghunath

    JohnH Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:59:18 +0530, "Raghunath" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi folks,
    >
    >Is editing of several photos in one go possible in Irfan View? As of now I've been
    >editing photos one by one, so is there any way I can avoid it if I want to edit a
    >hundred pics in
    >quick time?
    >
    >Raghu
    >Chennai, India

    Go to File, Batch Conversion/Rename. These are the only 'batch' editing I know
    of.

    John
    On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

    JohnH, Nov 16, 2003