Multiple Deauthentications causing network inconsistency

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. I am having trouble with my wireless network. The connection is constantly
    dropping out temporarily. when I look at the router log it states that the
    laptop has disconnected because the router received a deathentication. I
    have changed many settings on the router and the laptop but nothing is fixing
    the problem (removed security, removed MAC address filters, changed channels,
    chamged power management). The deauthentication causes problems with data
    transfer and streaming etc. The router firmware is the latest and the driver
    for the wireless adapter is also the latest. I have included below a bit of
    the router log to show the message. The router is a dlink DGL-4300 and the
    wireless adapter is an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.

    INFO] Sat Feb 17 21:54:04 2007 Wireless system with MAC address x associated
    [INFO] Sat Feb 17 21:53:59 2007 Wireless system with MAC address x
    disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.
    [INFO] Sat Feb 17 21:51:56 2007 Wireless system with MAC address x associated
    [INFO] Sat Feb 17 21:51:51 2007 Wireless system with MAC address x
    disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.

    Thanks

    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Hi
    Make sure that the Router broadcast the SSID, and that the Power saving is
    Disabled on the Wireless computers cards.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#sudden
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 17, 2007

  3. Thanks Jack,

    I have got the SSID broadcast and power saving disabled but the problem
    still persists.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Feb 18, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=

    Mike Guest

    Multiple Deauthentications

    Not sure if you received an answer; but I had a similar problem. I updated the firmware for a Dlink DGL-4300 to 1.7; my laptop which has an Intel Pro 3945ABG wireless card began acting up. The signal would go up and down and occasionally lose connection with router. I downgraded the firmware for the Router to 1.6 and all worked fine again. The Intel card doesn't appear to like Dlink's 1.7 firmware upgrade. Hope this helps you out.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Mike, Mar 13, 2007