Multiple Cisco VPN Clients

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Andy, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a problem getting two computers to connect to a cisco pix
    server
    via the cisco vpn client. Its the age old problem of being able to
    connect the one computer, and then connecting the other computer
    which
    forces the first connection to stop working.

    My setup is that there is a Westell 2200 modem/router connected to a
    Netgear EN524 ethernet hub. These two devices are in another office
    (shared internet usage) and so there is a link that comes from the
    hub
    into a local ethernet switch. From this switch i run in to a DLink
    DI-624 router. My two computers are connected into this router. I did
    have another router in place of the switch but i had the same
    problem.
    The internet connection is a Verizon dsl business connection with
    1.5down/0.5up.

    To confuse matters (well mainly confuse me) i took the computers home
    to the following setup. Cable modem (new installation, cant remember
    the model number) through Optimum Online. This is connected to the
    same
    DLink router. The computers again run from this router. Originally in
    this setup i couldnt get multiple computers to connect until i turned
    off ipsec passthrough in the router settings. This made them both
    work
    at the same time.

    So my question is how do i get multiple cisco clients working in my
    office setup?

    Any help is greatly appreciated, ive been tearing my hair out for
    weeks
    over this issue.

    Cheers,

    Andy.
    Andy, Feb 8, 2005

  2. "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > So my question is how do i get multiple cisco clients working in my
    > office setup?
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated, ive been tearing my hair out for
    > weeks
    > over this issue.

    One of two:
    1. Get ESP aware routers.
    2. Add isakmp nat-traversal 20 to the PIX headend, and hence allow UDP-encap
    on port 4500.
    (Check udp encap in VPN client sw)

    BR
    Martin