    Cheers,
    Dav

    , Mar 22, 2008

  2. Frank ess Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
    > range.
    > I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
    > little time consuming.
    > Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
    > love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
    > Look frward to hearing some feedback.
    > Cheers,
    > Dav

    If I recall correctly, Canon have a 2x, but it charges one, then the
    other. Same difference as one charger 2x. I have two singles, but
    seldom need recharging within a day on either 20D or 5D. They shoot a
    /lot/ between refills. It is good to be able to plug in a day's worth
    of juice and not have to wake up to change reservoirs.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 22, 2008

  3. Cynicor Guest

    Frank ess wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
    >> range.
    >> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
    >> little time consuming.
    >> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
    >> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
    >> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
    >> Cheers,
    >> Dav

    > If I recall correctly, Canon have a 2x, but it charges one, then the
    > other. Same difference as one charger 2x. I have two singles, but seldom
    > need recharging within a day on either 20D or 5D. They shoot a /lot/
    > between refills. It is good to be able to plug in a day's worth of juice
    > and not have to wake up to change reservoirs.

    Impact makes one. Don't know what battery type the 40d uses though.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/472879-REG/Impact_DPBCG_DP_BCG_Dual_Port_Li_Ion.html

    Cynicor, Mar 22, 2008
  4. Ali Guest

    The first question has to be what '1D' range? There are different
    batteries.

    Second question has to be, each body comes with it's own charger. How is
    this time consuming to put the batteries in the chargers?

    I apologize if I have misread your post, but for me I don't understand it.

    Ali, Mar 22, 2008
  5. Frank ess Guest

    Ali wrote:
    > The first question has to be what '1D' range? There are different
    > batteries.
    >
    > Second question has to be, each body comes with it's own charger.
    > How is this time consuming to put the batteries in the chargers?
    >
    > I apologize if I have misread your post, but for me I don't
    > understand it.

    You have to let your mind roll on: you spend a long day shooting, two
    cameras that use the same energy cell. You're tired You get back to
    the hotel, plug in your charger and battery one. You retire. In the
    very early morning you get up and find you have one charged battery.
    Sure, you could set your alarm and interrupt your sleep, but wouldn't
    it be better to plug in two chargers and batteries, and sleep
    uninterrupted?

    Geddit?

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 23, 2008
  6. measekite Guest

    Ali wrote:
    > The first question has to be what '1D' range? There are different
    > batteries.
    >
    > Second question has to be, each body comes with it's own charger. How
    > is this time consuming to put the batteries in the chargers?
    >
    > I apologize if I have misread your post, but for me I don't understand
    > it.
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
    >> range.

    How much difference do you really notice on images up to 16x20?

    measekite, Mar 23, 2008
  7. On Mar 22, 9:48 am, wrote:
    > Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
    > range.
    > I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
    > little time consuming.
    > Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
    > love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
    > Look frward to hearing some feedback.
    > Cheers,
    > Dav

    The Canon 40D is my preferred camera for a number of reasons.
    Including the one battery insert.
    With the charger included in the original setup kit, if you purchased
    one additional battery, you have the option of always having one
    charged and ready to go, while one is in use.
    Or, the chargers are available from Canon.com which would allow you to
    charge as many batteries as you feel a need for in the course of the
    day.
    For me, during the day while I shoot indoors, I operate the cam from a
    sync connection, and use the battery power for outdoor use.
    Just a thought...

    Kindest Regards,
    Victoria

    World Traveler, Mar 23, 2008
  8. Guest

    On Mar 22, 6:22 pm, Cynicor <> wrote:
    > Frank ess wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >> Hi all, I recently purchased a canon 40d as a more compact to my 1D
    > >> range.
    > >> I find the one at a time battery charge for the little batteries a
    > >> little time consuming.
    > >> Does anyone know of any multiple chargers for these batteries. Would
    > >> love a 4x charger in one unit, or will settle for a 2x charger.
    > >> Look frward to hearing some feedback.
    > >> Cheers,
    > >> Dav

    > > If I recall correctly, Canon have a 2x, but it charges one, then the
    > > other. Same difference as one charger 2x. I have two singles, but seldom
    > > need recharging within a day on either 20D or 5D. They shoot a /lot/
    > > between refills. It is good to be able to plug in a day's worth of juice
    > > and not have to wake up to change reservoirs.

    > Impact makes one. Don't know what battery type the 40d uses though.
    >
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/472879-REG/Impact_DPBCG_DP_BCG_...

    Thanks Frank...your posts are spot on. I am going to purchase multiple
    batteries for this new body (40d) and the idea of charging them one by
    one before a shoot isnt exciting me. At least my 1d has a charger
    capable of 2 at a time charging. I'll head out and try and find the 2x
    charger you recalled. Thanks again.

    , Mar 23, 2008
  9. You don't say if you are traveling on foot or in a car. If you are in a car
    you might think about buying a small inverter to make AC to plug your charger
    into. I have a camp that is off the grid and that is how I get a little bit
    of power to run my laptop and charge any rechargeable batteries that many
    need charging.

    Have a good day.

    William

    William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com, Mar 23, 2008
  10. Cynicor Guest

    William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com wrote:
    > You don't say if you are traveling on foot or in a car. If you are in a car
    > you might think about buying a small inverter to make AC to plug your charger
    > into. I have a camp that is off the grid and that is how I get a little bit
    > of power to run my laptop and charge any rechargeable batteries that many
    > need charging.

    Speaking of rechargeable, has anyone tried one of these solar recharger
    bags?
    http://www.eclipsesolargear.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=7&idproduct=18

    Cynicor, Mar 23, 2008
  11. Frank ess Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mar 22, 6:22 pm, Cynicor <> wrote:
    >> Frank ess wrote:

    >>> If I recall correctly, Canon have a 2x, but it charges one, then
    >>> the other. Same difference as one charger 2x. I have two singles,
    >>> but seldom need recharging within a day on either 20D or 5D. They
    >>> shoot a /lot/ between refills. It is good to be able to plug in a
    >>> day's worth of juice and not have to wake up to change reservoirs.

    >> Impact makes one. Don't know what battery type the 40d uses though.
    >>
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/472879-REG/Impact_DPBCG_DP_BCG_...

    > Thanks Frank...your posts are spot on. I am going to purchase
    > multiple batteries for this new body (40d) and the idea of charging
    > them one by one before a shoot isnt exciting me. At least my 1d has
    > a charger capable of 2 at a time charging. I'll head out and try
    > and find the 2x charger you recalled. Thanks again.

    Looks as if this is it:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/208587-REG/Canon_5737A008_CA_PS400_Compact_Power_Charger.html
    Discontinued per B&H, but available at Buy.com et al, for quite a bit
    more than when I looked at it.

    Good luck.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 23, 2008
  12. Ali Guest

    Ah sorry, I misunderstood.

    I thought the OP was trying to charge a 1 series battery and a 40D battery
    on the same charger. Makes a lot more sense now Frank. Good question from
    the OP.

    Ali, Mar 23, 2008
  13. Garry Knight Guest

    Garry Knight, Mar 25, 2008
  14. Frank ess Guest

    Garry Knight wrote:
    > Frank ess wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I'll head out and try and find the 2x charger you recalled.

    >> Looks as if this is it:
    >>

    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/208587-REG/Canon_5737A008_CA_PS400_Compact_Power_Charger.html
    >> Discontinued per B&H, but available at Buy.com et al, for quite a
    >> bit more than when I looked at it.

    > And on the B&H page it say: "Note: The Charger will only charge one
    > battery at a time."

    Which I described as "one after the other". It doesn't have to be
    reloaded to start the second. Worth a hundred dollars over a single
    charger? Doubtful. Two singles come in at eighty dollars or so, don't
    they?

    --
    Frank ess
    Confirmed beater of dead horses.