    Running windows xp, 1.6GHz with 384MB ram.

    Cheers
    - Scott
    SomebodyElse, Nov 19, 2003

  2. SomebodyElse

    cowboyz Guest

    "SomebodyElse" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem but... I'll ask first

    anyway:

    > Am I likely to have any problems with installing and using 2 CD writers?
    > Will I be able to use both at once or are they likely to conflict? Will
    > the software (Nero) be able to support 2 cd writers (I think it should)
    > and can it support writing to both at once (I think not...?)
    >
    > I'm talking writing different data to each drive, not writing the same
    > data twice at the same time.
    >
    > Running windows xp, 1.6GHz with 384MB ram.
    >
    > Cheers
    > - Scott

    No problem at all. If they support burnproof (or equiv) or your transfer
    rate is high enough (or burn speed low enough) then you'll even be able to
    burn 2 copies at the same time.
    cowboyz, Nov 19, 2003

  3. SomebodyElse

    Gurble Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:54:55 +1300, SomebodyElse <>
    wrote:

    >I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem but... I'll ask first anyway:
    >
    >Am I likely to have any problems with installing and using 2 CD writers?
    >Will I be able to use both at once or are they likely to conflict? Will
    >the software (Nero) be able to support 2 cd writers (I think it should)
    >and can it support writing to both at once (I think not...?)
    >
    >I'm talking writing different data to each drive, not writing the same
    >data twice at the same time.
    >
    >Running windows xp, 1.6GHz with 384MB ram.

    The only forseeable problem will be with Nero.

    The Nero version that comes wit CD Writers is actually locked to that
    particular writer (or, more precisely, that brand or model).

    If both writers are the same model, you shouldn't have any problems.

    Otherwise, IIRC, you can pay a small fee to Ahead (the makers of
    Nero), and they will update the locked version to the full version - I
    think it's something like $US10.

    HTH.
    Gurble, Nov 19, 2003
  4. On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:54:55 +1300, SomebodyElse <> wrote:

    >I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem but... I'll ask first anyway:
    >
    >Am I likely to have any problems with installing and using 2 CD writers?
    >Will I be able to use both at once or are they likely to conflict? Will
    >the software (Nero) be able to support 2 cd writers (I think it should)
    >and can it support writing to both at once (I think not...?)
    >
    >I'm talking writing different data to each drive, not writing the same
    >data twice at the same time.
    >
    >Running windows xp, 1.6GHz with 384MB ram.
    >
    >Cheers
    > - Scott

    You can write the Same data to both at the same time that is ALL..
    Gregory Parker, Nov 19, 2003
  5. SomebodyElse

    cowboyz Guest

    "Gregory Parker" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:54:55 +1300, SomebodyElse <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem but... I'll ask first

    anyway:

    > >Am I likely to have any problems with installing and using 2 CD writers?
    > >Will I be able to use both at once or are they likely to conflict? Will
    > >the software (Nero) be able to support 2 cd writers (I think it should)
    > >and can it support writing to both at once (I think not...?)
    > >
    > >I'm talking writing different data to each drive, not writing the same
    > >data twice at the same time.
    > >
    > >Running windows xp, 1.6GHz with 384MB ram.
    > >
    > >Cheers
    > > - Scott

    > You can write the Same data to both at the same time that is ALL..

    Please tell us almighty... Why can you not just write data to one drive and
    have the other drive doing nothing?
    cowboyz, Nov 19, 2003
  6. SomebodyElse

    Mutlley Guest

    Gurble <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:54:55 +1300, SomebodyElse <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem but... I'll ask first anyway:
    >>
    >>Am I likely to have any problems with installing and using 2 CD writers?
    >>Will I be able to use both at once or are they likely to conflict? Will
    >>the software (Nero) be able to support 2 cd writers (I think it should)
    >>and can it support writing to both at once (I think not...?)
    >>
    >>I'm talking writing different data to each drive, not writing the same
    >>data twice at the same time.
    >>
    >>Running windows xp, 1.6GHz with 384MB ram.
    >>

    >The only forseeable problem will be with Nero.
    >
    >The Nero version that comes wit CD Writers is actually locked to that
    >particular writer (or, more precisely, that brand or model).

    Not always the case. I bought a Pioneer DVD writer that came with
    Nero 6 OEM. It worked fine on my existing LG CDR
    Mutlley, Nov 19, 2003
  7. SomebodyElse

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:38:24 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >"Gregory Parker" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:54:55 +1300, SomebodyElse <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem but... I'll ask first

    >anyway:
    >> >
    >> >Am I likely to have any problems with installing and using 2 CD writers?
    >> >Will I be able to use both at once or are they likely to conflict? Will
    >> >the software (Nero) be able to support 2 cd writers (I think it should)
    >> >and can it support writing to both at once (I think not...?)
    >> >
    >> >I'm talking writing different data to each drive, not writing the same
    >> >data twice at the same time.
    >> >
    >> >Running windows xp, 1.6GHz with 384MB ram.
    >> >
    >> >Cheers
    >> > - Scott

    >> You can write the Same data to both at the same time that is ALL..
    >>

    >Please tell us almighty... Why can you not just write data to one drive and
    >have the other drive doing nothing?

    I think he's answering the part about the ability to write different
    data to both drives at the same time.

    If you can run multiple copies of Nero it might be possible, or run 2
    different writing packages each using a burner. I think generally
    they're all geared towards writing the same data to one or lots of
    writers simultaneously (sp?).
    Craig Shore, Nov 21, 2003
  8. SomebodyElse

    SomebodyElse Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:40:52 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:38:24 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Gregory Parker" <> wrote in message

    >>anyway:

    >>> You can write the Same data to both at the same time that is ALL..
    >>>

    >>Please tell us almighty... Why can you not just write data to one drive and
    >>have the other drive doing nothing?

    > I think he's answering the part about the ability to write different
    > data to both drives at the same time.
    >
    > If you can run multiple copies of Nero it might be possible, or run 2
    > different writing packages each using a burner. I think generally
    > they're all geared towards writing the same data to one or lots of
    > writers simultaneously (sp?).

    Well I finally got round to putting in the extra cdwriter and burning a
    pile of cds. Was rather pleasantly suprised that I can burn different
    data to each drive simultaneously.

    Seems to be working fine.....no problems so far.

    :)
    Scott
    SomebodyElse, Nov 23, 2003
  9. SomebodyElse

    cowboyz Guest

    SomebodyElse wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:40:52 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:38:24 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Gregory Parker" <> wrote in message

    >>> Please tell us almighty... Why can you not just write data to one
    >>> drive and have the other drive doing nothing?

    >> I think he's answering the part about the ability to write different
    >> data to both drives at the same time.
    >>
    >> If you can run multiple copies of Nero it might be possible, or run 2
    >> different writing packages each using a burner. I think generally
    >> they're all geared towards writing the same data to one or lots of
    >> writers simultaneously (sp?).

    > Well I finally got round to putting in the extra cdwriter and burning
    > a pile of cds. Was rather pleasantly suprised that I can burn
    > different data to each drive simultaneously.
    >
    > Seems to be working fine.....no problems so far.
    >
    > :)
    > Scott

    No you can't!!!! Woger said it was not possible so what you are seeing is
    actually not what is *really* happening.

    That now aside....

    Really? What drives and system specs and write speeds and software? Give
    us the run down. It might be worth me buying another writer if all is easy
    and good. I have a large HD and only burn discs about once every six
    months and then I have to do 100 all at once. would be cool to have 2
    writers on the job.
    cowboyz, Nov 23, 2003
  10. SomebodyElse

    SomebodyElse Guest

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:15:49 +1300, cowboyz wrote:

    > SomebodyElse wrote:
    >>
    >> Well I finally got round to putting in the extra cdwriter and burning
    >> a pile of cds. Was rather pleasantly suprised that I can burn
    >> different data to each drive simultaneously.
    >>
    >> Seems to be working fine.....no problems so far.
    >>
    >> :)
    >> Scott

    > No you can't!!!! Woger said it was not possible so what you are seeing is
    > actually not what is *really* happening.

    Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe that's just what I thought was happening.....

    > That now aside....
    >
    > Really? What drives and system specs and write speeds and software? Give
    > us the run down. It might be worth me buying another writer if all is easy
    > and good. I have a large HD and only burn discs about once every six
    > months and then I have to do 100 all at once. would be cool to have 2
    > writers on the job.

    Nothing flash:
    1.6 GHz Pentium 4
    384 MB RAM

    One drive is a CDRW - DVD ROM combo drive (Unsure of make or model)
    The other is a BTC 52x/24x/52x CDRW

    Software is Nero 6

    The combo drive will only write at a maximum of 12x for cdr or 4x for cdrw.

    So when I was using both at once the combo drive was writing at 12x and
    the BTC was writing at 52x. With this I got the message after completion
    that it needed to use the buffer underrun protection XX number of times.
    If I dropped the speed of this one back to 48x then this message
    disappeared. Also, when I dropped the speed back and lost that message I'd
    also changed the brand of media being used too, so I'm not sure if that
    would have any effect on the buffer underrun or not. All the disks work
    after written so no problems are immediately apparent.

    The system pretty much ground to a halt for doing other stuff on it at the
    same time, but then if you're writing a whole shitload of cds then you're
    probably not needing to do much else at the time.

    - Scott
    SomebodyElse, Nov 23, 2003