    How can i clean up the startup prompt and just have one xp and one 2000
    line.

    thanks
    Golf Nut, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Golf Nut

    Jordan Guest

    Edit the boot.ini file in the c:\ drive.

    --Jordan

    "Golf Nut" <> wrote in message
    > I had installed win 2000 and win xp on my system in a dual boot
    > configuration.
    > My win xp disk crashed and i wanted to remove the win xp (line) from the
    > dual boot at startup.
    > Now i installed xp on another disk, and it has added another line for xp

    in

    Jordan, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Golf Nut

    Jordan Guest

    I found a better way. Go to start > Run and type in msconfig. and select the
    boot.ini tab. If that dosent work go to start > run and type in notepad.exe
    c:\boot.ini and notepad will open with the data you should edit. Edit it and
    then save it..

    Jordan, Apr 13, 2004