multipart avi movie joining

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rupert B, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Rupert B

    Rupert B Guest

    Have a look at www.flaxmore.com. It has a good explanation of the ways to join multipart files and a utility to do the job for you. The utility looks a bit old fashioned but is better than anything else I have tried.

    Rupert.
    -----------------------
    On Thursday, 12 May 2005 billybronco wrote:

    Hi,

    I downloaded a movie and it is in parts as:

    movie.avi.001
    movie.avi.002
    etc..

    Firstly, I spent hours trying to unrar, then winace then winzip, then I
    thought what the heck and removed the .001from the 1st file and tried in
    media player and it worked, but none of the other parts will play with a
    "cannot render file" error.

    What do i need to do to play the full movie, does it require "joining", and
    what exactly is this format, as ive never come across it before.

    cheers for any help.

    Rupert B, Jun 25, 2005