    programme of some sort but what is it?
    Thanks

    skullee

    skullee, Sep 2, 2003

  2. skullee

    Boomer.. Guest

    skullee said:

    > Could someone direct me to somewhere that explains how you use
    > the alt.binaries.multimedia stuff to get something viewable. I
    > know I need a programme of some sort but what is it?
    > Thanks
    >
    > skullee

    Hi

    If you use OE you can l;ook in you Help file for
    Combine and decode.

    Here's into of yEnc coded files and a line to WinImp software for
    ..rar files.

    http://www.yenc.org
    http://www.yenc.org/windows.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/altbinariessoundsmusicclassical/yenc.html
    http://members.home.nl/lordsnow/yenc/faq.htm
    http://www.norman.riel.com/downloads/yproxy12.zip

    Decoding Guide for Outlook Express Users
    http://www.yenc32.com/oeusers.php

    XNews is free and supports it.
    http://xnews.3dnews.net/
    Power Grab is free and supports it.
    www.cosmicwolf.com
    Agent 1.92 supports it.
    www.forteinc.com
    Using a MAC? Rosetta, Thoth. http://www.thothsw.com/
    Windows users try http://www.easynews.com/yenc/ydec.htm
    Linux users should check out http://yydecode.sourceforge.net/

    For .rar files:
    WinImp Freeware (265kb exe file):
    Extract files from ZIP, ARJ, RAR and TAR archives,
    decompress GZIP, Unix Compress and BZIP2 files,
    and decode UUencoded, XXencoded and MIME files.
    http://www.technelysium.com.au/winimp.html

    Boomer.., Sep 2, 2003

  3. skullee

    skullee Guest