    MOST IMPORTANT IS THE AUDIO.

    THANK YOU,
    JUNIOR
    JUNIOR, Dec 9, 2008

  2. Everything suggests that you didn't install the system CD - the disk that
    came with the machine. If you bought it second hand and don't have the
    physical CD, it can be downloaded from the manufacturer. Put the CD in the
    drive and re-boot.

    But please first find your caps lock key on your keyboard and turn it off
    when writing to NewsGroups.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 9, 2008

  3. JUNIOR

    Carlos Guest

    In addition to that, he might want to check the laptop manufacturer web page
    for updated drivers.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 9, 2008
  4. JUNIOR

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:09:00 -0800, JUNIOR
    <> wrote:

    >HELLO EVERYONE,
    >
    >I INSTALLED WINDOWS XP 64 BIT TO MY LAPTOP, I DO NOT HAVE SOUND. I RAN
    >DRIVER UPDATE SOFTWARE AND IT SAID I NEEDED THE FOLLOWING:
    >
    >1. MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER
    >2. SM BUS CONTROLLER
    >3. STANDARD DUAL CHANNEL PCI IDE CONTROLLER
    >
    >CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIND A WEBSITE THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD THESE DRIVERS,
    >MOST IMPORTANT IS THE AUDIO.
    >
    >THANK YOU,
    >JUNIOR

    It's obviosu you have a sound problem, because you scream!!! ;-)
    (caps is a form of screaming)

    That aside, have a look at the specs of the manufacturers website,
    where you should be able to find what chipsets they used for audio
    etc. You can usually get generic drivers from the chipsets
    manufacturer.
    But as others suggested, you can also find the latest drivers of your
    model on the manufacturer's website download pages for your specific
    model laptop. Download and install the drivers and that should work

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Dec 9, 2008
  5. JUNIOR

    Guest

    On Dec 9, 6:43 pm, "philo" <> wrote:
    > "JUNIOR" <> wrote in message

    > > HELLO EVERYONE,

    > > I INSTALLED WINDOWS XP 64 BIT TO MY LAPTOP, I DO NOT HAVE SOUND. I RAN
    > > DRIVER UPDATE SOFTWARE AND IT SAID I NEEDED THE FOLLOWING:

    > > 1. MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER
    > > 2. SM BUS CONTROLLER
    > > 3. STANDARD DUAL CHANNEL PCI IDE CONTROLLER

    > > CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIND A WEBSITE THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD THESE

    > DRIVERS,
    > > MOST IMPORTANT IS THE AUDIO.

    > > THANK YOU,
    > > JUNIOR

    > You need to go to the website of your laptop's manufacturer to get the
    > drivers!- Hide quoted text -

    you have to find out the sound card in your laptop, go to the laptop
    maker website and see if they have x64 Vista drivers for it. if not
    you have to search around google for OEM drivers
    , Dec 10, 2008
  6. JUNIOR

    Carlos Guest

    Toc, toc, toc, "Mr. CAPS".