    no sound
    any suggestions
    thanks
    Jimmy, Nov 24, 2005

  2. Jimmy

    Frank Guest

    "Jimmy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > everytime i boot up my computer looks for multimedia audio controller
    > i look in device manage and a question mark is there
    > i have an audigy2 soundblaster card
    > no sound
    > any suggestions
    > thanks

    Does your Motherboard have on board audio? If so go into your bios, and
    disable it. Reboot the system. When having more than 1 audio system on a
    computer (home pc's mostly) it can confuse the system. Every time it starts
    you have a 50/50 chance of the right sound card drivers being loaded.

    Back to the main issue. Once you are back in windows. uninstall all audio
    drivers. Disable any anti-virus you may have running and reinstall a fresh
    copy of the sound card drivers and software. (Remember allways disable and
    type of Anti-virus before doing any type of software install. Reason is you
    have a very good chance of corrupting the new data as it goes through the
    active anti-virus filters. And some times this bad install process can mess
    with your Operating System OS. Then you end up with a "hosed" OS. By that
    time you have for Format (erase Hard drive) and Recover) A painfull way to
    learn. Ouch!!

    Frank
    Frank, Nov 24, 2005