  1. skymax_taf

    skymax_taf Guest

    I have a 2811 and most likely will be getting an 1841. I will need to configure both routers to handle multilink frame relay. I have looked at both the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 and the hwic-1fe cards to handle the WAN links. I am leaning toward the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 unless someone can give me a reason not to or an alterative.

    skymax_taf, Sep 28, 2008

  2. "skymax_taf" <> writes:
    >I have a 2811 and most likely will be getting an 1841. I will need to configure both routers to handle multilink frame relay. I have looked at both the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 and the hwic-1fe cards to handle the WAN links. I am leaning toward the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 unless someone can give me a reason not to or an alterative.

    Umm, the HWIC-1FE card isn't a WAN card? Did you mean something else?
    Or did you have a frame-relay-over-ethernet protocol I haven't heard
    about?

    I've used the VWIC cards as dual WAN T1 ports many times. They work
    fine. There were some cavets for the older parts about clock recovery
    if you were talking to two different telco's, but I don't think you
    would be if you are talking MLFR as it is...

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 29, 2008