    Thanks,
    Adam
    , Sep 6, 2006

  2. Hi Adam,

    You may wish to investigate the article authored by Dr. Vincent C.
    Jones:

    Multi-Homing--Connecting to Two ISPs

    Understand how the availability benefits of multihoming can be achieved
    at low cost using relatively simple techniques.

    But your multihoming strategy must be carefully planned to ensure that
    you actually improve the Internet availability seen by your company.

    http://www.awprofessional.com/artic...aid=dcb9cea5-50c2-44d3-af02-9ab5cc199d74&rl=1

    Profile of Dr. Jones:

    http://www.bradreese.com/vincent-c-jones.htm

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
    http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO
    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 7, 2006

  3. James Guest

    There is a newish feature called Optimized Edge Routing which can be
    used to load-balance ISP's without implementing BGP:-

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hoer_c/index.htm

    James

    James, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Guest

    James,
    That will work perfectly.

    Thanks very much!
    - Adam
    James wrote:
    > There is a newish feature called Optimized Edge Routing which can be
    > used to load-balance ISP's without implementing BGP:-
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hoer_c/index.htm
    >
    > James
    >

    > wrote:
    > > I am trying to get a device that will be multihomed for failover
    > > purposes. Lets assume the physical link goes down...this needs to be
    > > able to failover to the secondary uplink. Both uplinks are live at all
    > > times. Should look like this:
    > >
    > > LAN
    > > |
    > > ############
    > > # ISR Router #
    > > ############
    > > / \
    > > / \
    > > 0000000000 0000000000
    > > 0000 000 0000 0000
    > > 000 ISP A 000 000 ISP B 000
    > > 0000 0000 0000 0000
    > > 0000000000 0000000000
    > >

    > > What cisco functionality achieves this? I know there is something as I
    > > just read over it in a CCDA book this morning.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Adam
    , Sep 7, 2006