    There is no way for the client to receive the multicast stream .... do
    you have an idea why it is not working ?

    thanks for your help !

    Matt, Aug 31, 2005

  2. Matt

    Kevin Widner Guest

    I have some problem with Multicats routing and 4500.
    I have 2 VLANs routed by the 4500 ( VLAN A & VLAN B )
    I would like to route multicast between the 2 Vlans.
    I configure 2 vlans , with an IP address for each one.
    I enable Multicats routing via the IP multicast-routing command.
    I enable PIM sparse-dense-mode on the 2 vlan interfaces.

    I plug a computer on one of the interface assign to vlan A, wunning a
    multicats server, and a computer running multicast client on one of the
    VLAN B interface on the 4500.

    There is no way for the client to receive the multicast stream .... do
    you have an idea why it is not working ?

    thanks for your help !

    ===>

    Try to start the stream and then run a "sho ip mroute", then also do a
    "sho ip rpf <IP of source host>". Paste those into a reply....

    Also, do a "sh ip pim int" and make sure both of the vlan interfaces
    are listed.

    Kevin Widner, Sep 1, 2005