    have to be missing something. It seems that some of this IGMP stuff
    just doesn't show up in the config, which I don't understand, either.

    What do I need to do to make sure that IGMP works inside of a VLAN?

    John Oliver, Jul 18, 2008

  2. John Oliver

    bobby84

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Messages:
    9
    Hi John,

    Do you an IGMP querier configured for all the VLANs, you will need to have a querier enabled for multicast to work with IGMP snooping.
    You can configured this under the SVI interface:-

    Switch(config-if)#ip igmp snooping querier

    Alternatively you can just try configuring PIM which will also act as the querier on the VLAN.

    Or even simpler just disable IGMP snooping which will result in all the traffic being flooded (probably like what the netgear is doing right now).
    bobby84, Jul 28, 2008