    Any quick and dirty set ups?
    Thanks

    , Mar 5, 2007

  2. Just turn on "ip multicast-routing", and your multicast will go between VLAN
    interfaces. If you want to go more advanced, look for "CGMP" and "IP PIM".
    There is not that much to configure for a multicast.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    ------
    Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    www.headsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Mar 5, 2007

  3. BernieM Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a Cisco 4510 set up as my core switch. It has several vlans for
    > several networks.
    > I have Catalyst 3550's in the wiring closets were all my end users are
    > connected.
    > I have approxametly 300 endusers.
    > I want to set up multicast accross the network.
    > Any quick and dirty set ups?
    > Thanks

    enable ip multicast routing and then apply "ip pim sparse" on the vlan
    interfaces which need to take part in mrouting.

    BernieM, Mar 6, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Mar 6, 2:59 am, "BernieM" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > >I have a Cisco 4510 set up as my core switch. It has several vlans for
    > > several networks.
    > > I have Catalyst 3550's in the wiring closets were all my end users are
    > > connected.
    > > I have approxametly 300 endusers.
    > > I want to set up multicast accross the network.
    > > Any quick and dirty set ups?
    > > Thanks

    > enable ip multicast routing and then apply "ip pim sparse" on the vlan
    > interfaces which need to take part in mrouting.

    Sounds too easy. Would I need a Rendezvous Point on the core? Should I
    enable CGMP and IGMP on all switches?

    , Mar 6, 2007
  5. * wrote:
    > Sounds too easy. Would I need a Rendezvous Point on the core?

    If you want to use only Source Specific Multicast, you will not need an
    Rendezvous Point. Otherwise you configure one and BSR on all routers.

    > Should I enable CGMP and IGMP on all switches?

    If your switch offers IGMP snooping: Enable it on the switch.

    If your switch does not offer IGMP snooping, check for CGMP and enable it on
    the switch and all routers connected to this switch.

    If your switch does offer neighter IGMP snooping nor CGMP, mark it red and
    consider traffic limitations for multicast on the connecting routers.

    Lutz Donnerhacke, Mar 6, 2007