    without any problems or will I need to perform a fresh installation of both
    OS (XP Pro then x64) to get it to work?

    Thanks...McBain

    McBain, Jan 17, 2006

  2. If install in the wrong order, please ready the following article by Charlie
    Russel about how to fix it:
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/search.aspx?q=dual boot&p=1
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2006

  3. McBain

    John Barnes Guest

    You don't say whether the new XP partition is on the same hard drive or a
    second drive so it is hard to give you the easiest way.

    John Barnes, Jan 17, 2006
  4. McBain

    McBain Guest

    It is to be installed on a new partition on the same hard drive. I could
    install it onto the second hard drive, but I don't want to do this as the
    other hard drive is a backup of all my important files.

    McBain, Jan 18, 2006
  5. New partition, same drive is fine. See my multi/dual boot blog on all the
    gory details. http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/11/21/76180.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64