    do I split those tabs into more than one row?

    Thanks!

    Ross.
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 10, 2006

  2. Is FF incapable of this?

    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Ross M. Greenberg

    Erronius Guest

    >I have more tabs, they can comfortably fit across one row in Firefox. How
    >do I split those tabs into more than one row?

    Try putting this into your userChrome.css -

    /* Multiple lines of tabs */
    tabbrowser tabs > hbox { display: block; }
    tabbrowser tab, tabbrowser .tab-icon, tabbrowser .tab-text { display:
    inline; }
    tabbrowser tab { min-width: 151px; }

    You can adjust the width of the tabs by changing the number on the last
    line.

    Regards,

    Erronius
    Erronius, Jun 11, 2006
  4. This makes good sense -- except I have no userChrome.css on this (or any
    other!) machine....
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 11, 2006
  5. Ross M. Greenberg

    gwtc Guest

    Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
    > This makes good sense -- except I have no userChrome.css on this (or any
    > other!) machine....

    Then create it. The reason you don't have it is because its a user
    created file. Open a Texted based Editor [such as NotePad if using
    windows]. Copy the script above, and paste it into the editor. Save
    the file as userchrome.css. Save it as text formating, and save the
    file to your Chrome Directory within your profile.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #5: If a food processor slices and dices
    food, what does a word processor do?
    gwtc, Jun 11, 2006
  6. I created it, called it userChrome.css, stuck it in
    ...../defaults/chrome/... and no difference!

    Ross

    Nogo, alas.

    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 11, 2006
  7. Ross M. Greenberg

    gwtc Guest

    Ross M. Greenberg wrote:

    > I created it, called it userChrome.css, stuck it in
    > ..../defaults/chrome/... and no difference!
    >
    > Ross
    >

    > Nogo, alas.
    >
    > "gwtc" <37> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
    >>
    >>>This makes good sense -- except I have no userChrome.css on this (or any
    >>>other!) machine....
    >>>

    >>Then create it. The reason you don't have it is because its a user
    >>created file. Open a Texted based Editor [such as NotePad if using
    >>windows]. Copy the script above, and paste it into the editor. Save the
    >>file as userchrome.css. Save it as text formating, and save the file to
    >>your Chrome Directory within your profile.

    If it didn't work, then you did something wrong. Did you place the
    file with in your profile? And I'm not talking about the profile that
    is located in the program directory.

    To find your profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    But, if you're using windows then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    gwtc, Jun 11, 2006
  8. It's there. I replaced the width with 101, exited and restarted FF. No diff.
    Sigh.
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 11, 2006
  9. And I tried "75", too. No diff.

    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 12, 2006
  10. On 2006-06-11, Ross M. Greenberg <> wrote:

    > Is FF incapable of this?

    The "Tab Mix Plus" extension allows you to set up multiple romws of
    tabs in Firefox.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Jun 12, 2006
  11. Ross M. Greenberg

    gwtc Guest

    Ross M. Greenberg wrote:

    > And I tried "75", too. No diff.
    >

    > "Ross M. Greenberg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>It's there. I replaced the width with 101, exited and restarted FF. No
    >>diff. Sigh.

    are you using the default theme?

    gwtc, Jun 12, 2006
  12. Ross M. Greenberg

    Guest

    EnergyKey
    ------------------------------
    http://www30.webSamba.com/SmartStudio
    ------------------------------
    Save yourself from repetitive tasks
    , Jun 12, 2006

  13. > are you using the default theme?

    yes
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 12, 2006

  14. > EnergyKey

    Ad/spam
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 12, 2006
  15. "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    > On 2006-06-11, Ross M. Greenberg <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is FF incapable of this?

    > The "Tab Mix Plus" extension allows you to set up multiple romws of
    > tabs in Firefox.

    BTW, John, Tab Mix Plus just doesn't do it for me! IE7 does tabbing
    correctly as does NetCaptor. FF may, too. but it sure isn't as easy as IE7
    or NC!
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 12, 2006
  16. Still no luck on trying to get FF to have multi-row tabs -- anhd the
    userchrome stuff suggested still is not working.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Ross
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 15, 2006
  17. Ross M. Greenberg

    Doug G Guest

    Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
    > Still no luck on trying to get FF to have multi-row tabs -- anhd the
    > userchrome stuff suggested still is not working.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Ross

    If you use any extensions that affect tabs, try disabling them.

    Be sure the userChrome.css file is in your FF profile's chrome folder.
    Doug G, Jun 15, 2006
    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 16, 2006
  19. That seems to do *exactly* what I want!

    A zillion thanks!

    Ross

    "Hendrik Maryns" <> wrote in message
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jun 16, 2006