    card which carries the audio out and mic in, and the line in plug (4 pin
    molex) to the front panel audio on the case which has a 7x2 plug on it.

    Greg.

    greg, Mar 22, 2009

  2. greg

    Squiggle Guest

    greg threw some characters down the intarwebs:

    > Any one know of a source in NZ where I can get a 7x2 pin header
    > socket, and 5x2 pin header socket and a 4 pin molex (as used on audio
    > connectors for CD/DVD drive).
    >
    > What I'm trying to do is link the 5x2 header output from my
    > soundblaster card which carries the audio out and mic in, and the line
    > in plug (4 pin molex) to the front panel audio on the case which has a
    > 7x2 plug on it.
    >
    > Greg.

    Dick smith do the 5x2 and an 8x2 IDC socket which you might be able to
    make fit if there is nothing surrounding the pins on the front audio
    panel. The 14pin IDC sockets aren't as common as the 16pin ones in my
    experience.
    Codes
    P2744
    P2755
    As for the four pin molex you will need to be a bit more specific. Molex
    is a brand, they have many many connectors. Is it this style?
    http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=4476833

    Squiggle, Mar 22, 2009

  3. greg

    greg Guest

    Squiggle wrote:
    > greg threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    >>

    >> Any one know of a source in NZ where I can get a 7x2 pin header
    >> socket, and 5x2 pin header socket and a 4 pin molex (as used on audio
    >> connectors for CD/DVD drive).
    >>
    >> What I'm trying to do is link the 5x2 header output from my
    >> soundblaster card which carries the audio out and mic in, and the line
    >> in plug (4 pin molex) to the front panel audio on the case which has a
    >> 7x2 plug on it.
    >>
    >> Greg.

    > Dick smith do the 5x2 and an 8x2 IDC socket which you might be able to
    > make fit if there is nothing surrounding the pins on the front audio
    > panel. The 14pin IDC sockets aren't as common as the 16pin ones in my
    > experience.
    > Codes
    > P2744
    > P2755
    > As for the four pin molex you will need to be a bit more specific. Molex
    > is a brand, they have many many connectors. Is it this style?
    > http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=4476833

    Not really what i'm after, as the correct ones have removable crimp on
    pins rather than the usual punch thru ribbon cable connections.

    greg, Mar 22, 2009