    Any helpful suggestions?

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    The Stone Crusher, Sep 24, 2009

  2. The Stone Crusher

    Mike Easter Guest

    The Stone Crusher wrote:

    > I was downloading a multi-part film and my subscription ran out.

    I recommend that people who download binaries have multiple sources; an
    economical non-expiring block from a commercial NSP, a free or nearly
    free binary server, and the one from your connectivity provider if
    provided.

    Examples: usenet-news, teranews, earthlink/gigabit

    If the server you subscribe has short retention or incompletes and you
    are paying them a monthly fee, then you should change your service to
    something cheaper and better.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 24, 2009

  3. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:23:25 -0400, "The Stone Crusher"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi!
    >>
    >>I was downloading a multi-part film and my subscription ran out.
    >>Therefore
    >>I was stuck after 50 of the 80 parts had downloaded. I renewed my
    >>subscription and found that parts 51-54 were now missing. I was using
    >>NewsBin. I fired up Grabit to the same source and found (ouch) they were
    >>missing there too. They originally existed, so I am not imagining this.
    >>booted up Outlook Express and it would not download all the headers from
    >>the
    >>source, even after trying next 300.

    > What period of time elapsed between when your subscription expired and
    > when you renewed it?

    An hour or two.

    > What are the dates of the posts that were there / are there?
    > --

    It is the same posting; same dates.

    The Stone Crusher, Sep 24, 2009
  4. "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > The Stone Crusher wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I was downloading a multi-part film and my subscription ran out.
    >> Therefore I was stuck after 50 of the 80 parts had downloaded. I renewed
    >> my subscription and found that parts 51-54 were now missing. I was using
    >> NewsBin. I fired up Grabit to the same source and found (ouch) they were
    >> missing there too. They originally existed, so I am not imagining this.
    >> I booted up Outlook Express and it would not download all the headers
    >> from the source, even after trying next 300.
    >>
    >> Any helpful suggestions?

    > Go to another newsgroup server. You posted this via Optimum Online, try
    > Giganews or Astraweb.

    I did. I used nGroup and then went to Optonline

    The Stone Crusher, Sep 24, 2009
  5. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > The Stone Crusher wrote:
    >
    >> I was downloading a multi-part film and my subscription ran out.

    > I recommend that people who download binaries have multiple sources; an
    > economical non-expiring block from a commercial NSP, a free or nearly
    > free binary server, and the one from your connectivity provider if
    > provided.
    >
    > Examples: usenet-news, teranews, earthlink/gigabit
    >
    > If the server you subscribe has short retention or incompletes and you
    > are paying them a monthly fee, then you should change your service to
    > something cheaper and better.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks Mike. I will follow your suggestion.

    Luke

    The Stone Crusher, Sep 24, 2009
  6. The Stone Crusher

    chuckcar Guest

    "The Stone Crusher" <> wrote in

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> The Stone Crusher wrote:
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I was downloading a multi-part film and my subscription ran out.
    >>> Therefore I was stuck after 50 of the 80 parts had downloaded. I
    >>> renewed my subscription and found that parts 51-54 were now missing.
    >>> I was using NewsBin. I fired up Grabit to the same source and found
    >>> (ouch) they were missing there too. They originally existed, so I am
    >>> not imagining this. I booted up Outlook Express and it would not
    >>> download all the headers from the source, even after trying next 300.
    >>>
    >>> Any helpful suggestions?

    >> Go to another newsgroup server. You posted this via Optimum Online, try
    >> Giganews or Astraweb.

    > I did. I used nGroup and then went to Optonline

    You *changed* your ISP because their news server was crap? Must happen to
    you a lot. Pay for one or you can use up to three connections on
    public.teranews.net absolutely free for an indefinite period.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 25, 2009
  7. The Stone Crusher

    squirltop Guest

    The Stone Crusher wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I was downloading a multi-part film and my subscription ran out. Therefore
    > I was stuck after 50 of the 80 parts had downloaded. I renewed my
    > subscription and found that parts 51-54 were now missing. I was using
    > NewsBin. I fired up Grabit to the same source and found (ouch) they were
    > missing there too. They originally existed, so I am not imagining this. I
    > booted up Outlook Express and it would not download all the headers from the
    > source, even after trying next 300.
    >
    > Any helpful suggestions?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    ask somebody to repost? you sound good natured enough for a repost,
    offering something to the group beforehand wouldn't hurt

    squirltop, Sep 26, 2009