    the satellite comes into the basement level; owner wants wireless access to
    go up 2 more levels, maybe three. Will using a wireless bridge make that work?

    Thanks for any info.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhbW15QmFuc2hlZQ==?=, Nov 16, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhbW15QmFuc2hlZQ==?=

    Dana Brash Guest

    House or office? How many square meters/feet? Can you install one AP per
    floor and wire each into a switch?
    You can also install wireless repeaters to boost signal and provide service
    to clients. Check with your hardware manufacturers site to see what
    products they offer. I've been eyeballing this set for my apartment
    (cement walls)...
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=111499
    or the set:
    http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation/WRBG54K.html

    Wireless Bridge is meant to connect two network segments, but not to provide
    service to clients.
    --
    HTH,
    =d=

    Dana Brash
    MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA

    "GrammyBanshee" <> wrote in message
    > I've recently installed a couple of wireless networks using satellite
    > connection, pretty standard stuff. Now I have a request to install one

    where

    Dana Brash, Nov 16, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhbW15QmFuc2hlZQ==?=

    Malke Guest

    Dana Brash wrote:

    > House or office? How many square meters/feet? Can you install one AP
    > per floor and wire each into a switch?
    > You can also install wireless repeaters to boost signal and provide
    > service
    > to clients. Check with your hardware manufacturers site to see what
    > products they offer. I've been eyeballing this set for my apartment
    > (cement walls)...
    > http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=111499
    > or the set:
    > http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation/WRBG54K.html
    >

    > Wireless Bridge is meant to connect two network segments, but not to
    > provide service to clients.

    Just wanted to add to your good post: we bought some Buffalotech access
    points for our school lab and they are really good. They got a great
    review on Tom's Hardware, and our experience with them is excellent.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers