    Regards,

    Ben

    , Aug 16, 2005

  2. Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:
    > How about an extension that allows a web page to be viewed with the
    > rendering engine of all (if possible) available browsers in seperate
    > tabs.
    >
    > I know it is possible to run multiple versions of Internet Explorer on
    > one computer. With Macs shifting to the intel platform or emulators it
    > may be possible to implement Mac browsers in this way too.
    >
    > Licencing problems would prevent it being distributed as one download
    > but it could rip the required files from the setup archives of the
    > relevent browsers.
    >
    > Or does a project like this already exist I have done some searching
    > but my keywords probably wern't too great
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Ben

    Open link in...
    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=379
    user comment claims it can be used with multiple browsers as well, this
    is not verified tho

    There is an IEview and Operaview extensions as well
    IEview
    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/authorprofiles.php?application=firefox&id=19

    Operaview
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=703

    Macs have the capibility of running multiple browsers at the same time.
    I can have Firefox, Mozilla (suite), Netscape 7.2, Netscape
    Communicator, Safari and even (ugh) IE all open at the same time
    (running OS X with classic). Can even have multiple instances of the
    same browser open (using different profiles and different versions)

    Moz Champion, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Guest

    I had a closer look around and found some helpful links:

    http://www.dejavu.org/emulator.htm - real old browsers not really
    useful but an interesting technique that would be really useful if
    replicated for more modern browsers
    http://www.skyzyx.com/downloads/ - prepackaged standalone old versions
    of IE without the need to move the files around

    , Aug 18, 2005