    of course but I really need to have them in view at the same time. Is there
    a way to do this?

    Thank you.

    Jack Gillis, Aug 24, 2007

  2. Jack Gillis

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jack Gillis wrote:

    > I often have several GIF files or JPG files on my desktop and would
    > like to be able to see certain of them opened in separate instances

    You can have multiple graphic files opened at the same time if you use
    the right kind of graphic viewer.

    > of Windows Picture and Fax
    > Viewer.

    There are many applications which will not permit multiple instances of
    themselves being opened, such as Outlook Express and others. If you
    want to view multiple graphics files, don't be viewing them with an app
    which doesn't allow multiple instances of itself being opened.

    > When I open the first one and then the second, third and so
    > on they appear in the same Picture and Fax Viewer window.

    That is exactly the same thing that would happen if you tried to open
    multiple .eml or .nws files with OE. There would be only one OE open at
    a time.

    > I can
    > cycle through them of course but I really need to have them in view
    > at the same time. Is there a way to do this?

    Yes. Use a different viewer. IrfanView will allow multiple instances
    of itself. It can view graphics and some fax formats.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Jack Gillis

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:23:27 -0400, Jack Gillis wrote:

    >I often have several GIF files or JPG files on my desktop and would like to
    >be able to see certain of them opened in separate instances of Windows
    >Picture and Fax

    You get what you pay for.

    >Viewer. When I open the first one and then the second, third and so on they
    >appear in the same Picture and Fax Viewer window. I can cycle through them
    >of course but I really need to have them in view at the same time. Is there
    >a way to do this?

    www.google.com , any number of paint / image viewer applications. Quite

    Viewing photos on desktop2000 allowed me to do this, but the Windows
    Picture and Fax Viewer in XP only ... free Irfanview and open multiple
    instances of it. ...
    www.tomshardware.com/forum/ 25735-45-viewing-photos-desktop - 31k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Multiple instances of Picture and Fax Viewer? - DGStation ...Multiple
    instances of Picture and Fax Viewer? microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
    http://dgstation.co.nz/showthread.php?t=24309 - 54k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Windows Picture and Fax ViewerTalk about Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    .... Is there any method to allow multiple instances of this application?
    Thanks. ...
    www.velocityreviews.com/forums/
    t202781-windows-picture-and-fax-viewer.html - 19k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    a few freeware like www.irfanview.com

    >Thank you.

    Me

    why?, Aug 24, 2007
  4. Jack Gillis

    Jack Gillis Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Jack Gillis wrote:
    >
    >> I often have several GIF files or JPG files on my desktop and would
    >> like to be able to see certain of them opened in separate instances

    > You can have multiple graphic files opened at the same time if you use
    > the right kind of graphic viewer.
    >
    >> of Windows Picture and Fax
    >> Viewer.

    > There are many applications which will not permit multiple instances of
    > themselves being opened, such as Outlook Express and others. If you
    > want to view multiple graphics files, don't be viewing them with an app
    > which doesn't allow multiple instances of itself being opened.
    >
    >> When I open the first one and then the second, third and so
    >> on they appear in the same Picture and Fax Viewer window.

    > That is exactly the same thing that would happen if you tried to open
    > multiple .eml or .nws files with OE. There would be only one OE open at
    > a time.
    >
    >> I can
    >> cycle through them of course but I really need to have them in view
    >> at the same time. Is there a way to do this?

    > Yes. Use a different viewer. IrfanView will allow multiple instances
    > of itself. It can view graphics and some fax formats.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thank you.

    Jack Gillis, Aug 24, 2007