    years ago. I met an elk rounding the same boulder, and I'm quite certain the
    trench I dug as I was leaving is still there. We got within 3 feet of each
    other, face to face.
    PhotoMan, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Seymore

    Seymore Guest

    Actually, He was laying down... and it took me about 15 min to gain 15 feet. I'd move a few steps, take a few shots and move again.
    I took my time. These guys can get mean, or bolt, if you intrude to quickly.

    No cam when you met the elk? Bummmmmmmmmer!

    Seymore, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Seymore

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Seymore" <> wrote in message
    > Actually, He was laying down... and it took me about 15 min to gain 15

    feet. I'd move a few steps, take a few shots and move again.
    > I took my time. These guys can get mean, or bolt, if you intrude to

    quickly.

    > No cam when you met the elk? Bummmmmmmmmer!

    Camera? I don't know which of us was scared the most, but I was too busy
    backfilling my trench to think of pictures!
    PhotoMan, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Seymore

    Seymore Guest

    LOL! Ok... I do understand. When one comes face to face with a 1k+LB critter, that critter ALWAYS has the right of way!

    Seymore, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Seymore

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/16/03 12:22 AM, in article
    SIEtb.3084$, "Seymore"
    <> wrote:

    > Got within about 15' of this guy...
    >
    > http://www.macmurph.com/photodb/picture.php?picture_id=16070
    > http://www.macmurph.com/photodb/picture.php?picture_id=16067
    > http://www.macmurph.com/photodb/picture.php?picture_id=16066
    > http://www.macmurph.com/photodb/picture.php?picture_id=16068
    >
    > Seymore...
    > Owner of an S85... and luvin' it!

    Nice shots!
    You sure that's a Mulie? Looks like a western whitetail dude to me.

    George Kerby, Nov 16, 2003
  7. Seymore

    Seymore Guest

    Thanks George... Well, along the front range of Colorado, I thought we had the mulies... this guy had a black tip on the tail. About
    2-3". Does this tell you anything?

    Seymore, Nov 17, 2003
  8. Seymore

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/16/03 9:09 PM, in article
    jZWtb.4242$, "Seymore"
    <> wrote:

    > Thanks George... Well, along the front range of Colorado, I thought we had the
    > mulies... this guy had a black tip on the tail. About
    > 2-3". Does this tell you anything?
    >

    >> Nice shots!
    >> You sure that's a Mulie? Looks like a western whitetail dude to me.

    That's definitely their range. I always thought that they were "bulkier",
    though. The black tip, I think, is a sure sign of a mulie. As I look back,
    those ears are bigger than Spock's. Should have caught that!

    George Kerby, Nov 17, 2003
  9. Seymore

    Mikey Guest

    Neat shots.. I had a close encounter with a herd of deer once , I have no
    idea why they didn't run away ( except maybe hunger?) but I was able to
    slowly drive up then walk right up to them and do anything short of touching
    them for about 15 minutes then I left when I ran out of memory cards.
    http://www.mike721.com/deer/

    --

    Mikey
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey, Nov 18, 2003
  10. Seymore

    Seymore Guest

    Damn... And you without a doe tag or a rifle! (o:\

    Seymore, Nov 19, 2003