    Best regards,

    Thierry

    Site : http://www.mesnews.net

    Klamer, May 24, 2005

  2. Klamer wrote:
    > I know there is already MUI Windows XP
    >
    > I have a question regarding performance...
    >
    > Because MUI WIndows is an english Windows with some extra files on top
    > to adapt the language of the OS, can we expect some poor performance ?
    >
    > I believe (May be wrong...) that if you have a native OS, it should be
    > faster ...
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Thierry

    No, not for XP 32 bit anyway.
    J'ai la version anglaise installée avec le pack français, néérlandais et
    allemand. Raisons professionnelles obligent.
    Jamais vu la moindre différence dans la rapidité à cause du pack. Il ne
    s'agit pas de menus qui sont traduits au moment ou tu cliques dessus mais
    bien d'une version différente.
    Pas de crainte à avoir de ce côté.

    Amicalement

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 24, 2005

  3. Klamer

    NNBXX Guest

    Merci Christian pour l'info. En fait je me posais aussi la même question.

    Bien à toi,

    Jean-Baptiste

    "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    NNBXX, May 24, 2005
  4. Come on guys, the MS Word translator is not that good, speak English. :-(
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2005
  5. Klamer

    NNBXX Guest

    Usually we do. But this time we didn't. Maybe the tribal instinct ?

    NNBXX, May 24, 2005
  6. Hi,
    what performance problem do you have when You are looking at any dialog ?

    For example : You set your screen resolution, and decide to chose 16 bit
    colors - where do you expect poor performance ?

    MUI is not involved getting webpages doing database-transations playing
    videos or so, I think.

    Might be a different set of files beeing opend instead of any else, some
    help files, might be dialogs in dll's, registry entries.

    Search for some cpl files and click on it.
    regards jk

    Juergen Kluth, May 24, 2005
  7. Hey, they're entitled, it's a MUI question. ;)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2005
  8. Klamer

    tawpgk Guest

    not a problem deciphering the context with high school French taken 30 years
    ago.

    try Google.

    --
    Tom

    tawpgk, May 24, 2005
  9. Andre Da Costa wrote:
    > Come on guys, the MS Word translator is not that good, speak English.
    > :-(

    Hi André,

    I did ask, thru my mvp lead, the opening of a french windowsxp.64bit.
    general.
    It's for the near future. So, in the mean time, when I know that I'm
    answering questions from french speaking fellows, I'll take the liberty to
    write in french.
    Feel free to ask if you think you need to know :)

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 24, 2005
  10. Hi Christian, thank you and thanks for adding accent to my name. :)

    Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2005