    practically impossible to recover it again once removed.

    TIA,

    Dave.
    Dave Watson, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Dave Watson

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dave Watson posted ...

    > Hi,
    >
    > I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
    > from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
    > dick.
    >
    > What is the best or most widely accepted piece of software that will
    > erase and permanently delete data from a hard drive in so much that
    > it is practically impossible to recover it again once removed.

    Dunno, depends what you mean by 'best' ... ;)

    I've tried http://www.quickwiper.com/ and found it good enough .. ;)

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Dave Watson

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:13:02 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

    >> I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
    >> from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
    >> dick.

    Ouch!
    B.Al.Zeebub, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Dave Watson

    Bob Regis Guest

    Dave Watson wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
    > from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
    > dick.
    >
    > What is the best or most widely accepted piece of software that will
    > erase and permanently delete data from a hard drive in so much that
    > it is practically impossible to recover it again once removed.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Dave.

    Drive scrubber from www.iolo.com (get it free for trial).
    Promises to wipe it to some ridiculous level of security used by the
    government or something.
    Bob Regis, Dec 7, 2003
  5. It was on Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:36:03 +0000, just as I was halfway through a

    http://www.geocities.com/thestarman3/asm/mbr/WIPE.html
    --
    Linux User #: 305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
    William Poaster, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Dave Watson

    °Mike° Guest

    One wiper is as good as the next, supposing the same
    level of wipes on each. Eraser is free.
    http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:36:03 -0000, in
    <U9FAb.18115$9.net>
    Dave Watson scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Dave Watson

    Trevor Smith Guest

    "Dave Watson" <spammed.off@invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart from
    > taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard dick.

    ....OUCH!
    Trevor Smith, Dec 7, 2003
  8. Dave Watson

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Dave Watson wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
    > from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
    > dick.
    >
    > What is the best or most widely accepted piece of software that will
    > erase and permanently delete data from a hard drive in so much that
    > it is practically impossible to recover it again once removed.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Dave.

    www.cyberscrub.com

    Costs about $55, but exceeds DoD standards and has lifetime upgrades.
    TRADESMAN, Dec 7, 2003