    the last couple days, something in the MSWord setting has changed. What
    setting governs this and what should I change, in order that "print layout"
    view appearsl like "print preview"?
    Churchill, Dave, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Churchill, Dave

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:35:46 -0600, "Churchill, Dave" <> wrote:

    >In MSWord (MSOffice 2003), when the view is set to "print layout," I only
    >see the area of the page which has the top, bottom, lefthand, and righthand
    >margins subtracted from it. I.e., the sheet appears much more like a square
    >than a rectangle. In "print preview," however, it it clear that the
    >document should print as designed, with the margins. This only happened in
    >the last couple days, something in the MSWord setting has changed. What
    >setting governs this and what should I change, in order that "print layout"
    >view appearsl like "print preview"?

    You may have a corrupt "Normal.dot".
    Do a search for, and locate, "Normal.dot". Rename it to "OldNormal.dot".
    The next time Word is opened, it will create a new one.
    Unk, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Churchill, Dave

    SgtMinor Guest

    Churchill, Dave wrote:

    > In MSWord (MSOffice 2003), when the view is set to "print layout," I only
    > see the area of the page which has the top, bottom, lefthand, and righthand
    > margins subtracted from it. I.e., the sheet appears much more like a square
    > than a rectangle. In "print preview," however, it it clear that the
    > document should print as designed, with the margins. This only happened in
    > the last couple days, something in the MSWord setting has changed. What
    > setting governs this and what should I change, in order that "print layout"
    > view appearsl like "print preview"?

    "Show or hide white space in print layout view"
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030720131033.aspx

    "Troubleshoot reading layout view"
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030923371033.aspx?mode=print
    SgtMinor, Jul 19, 2005