MSTP on Cisco Site does not explain very well

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ws00sw, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. ws00sw

    ws00sw Guest

    Hello people, I have a very big confusing ideas running in my mind.

    Please if you could look at this link:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk621/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094cfc.shtml#diag2

    So there you can see the operation of MST 802.1s, now in the paragraph
    says This configuration results in pcA not being able to send frames
    to pcB. Issuing the show command reveals that Switch B is blocking its
    link to Switch A in VLAN 10, as shown in the following diagram

    I could not understand if the in the graf bellow that paragraph you
    can see that the green lines are also in IST 0 so why the PCa cannot
    talk to the PCb I still have the Superior link between the bridges

    Please could anyone with some clear Ideas could explain this to me

    regards
    ..

    ws00sw, Jan 31, 2005