    some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
    Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my pc
    without any anoying messages.

    Herman, Feb 13, 2008

  2. Herman

    Theo Guest

    You will need to find out more about the program. I cannot
    find it by using Google or searching www.microsoft.com.
    Without knowing what the program is it will be quite
    difficult to figure anything out about it.

    Verify you have typed the program name correctly.

    Theo, Feb 13, 2008

  3. Also, check your Event Viewer for errors or messages, Herman. If there is a
    message it should also have a link in the dialog that you can click - it
    doesn't always help any, but should lead you somewhere we can check back on.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 13, 2008
  4. Herman

    Herman Guest

    Hi Theo,
    The filename is correct. I already googled en searched myself. But also
    without any result. Tried to figure where the file does come from, but either
    that i couldnt find.
    Sorry, but thats why I placed my question.

    Herman, Feb 13, 2008
  5. Herman

    Herman Guest

    Tony, I looked with the event viewer and did find something.
    It says:
    ----------
    - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>9664</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Hammie</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>MSTM6402.EXE</Data>
    <Data>1.0.701.2</Data>
    <Data>45ff754d</Data>
    <Data>MSTM6402.EXE</Data>
    <Data>1.0.701.2</Data>
    <Data>45ff754d</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000000000001f9ed</Data>
    <Data>74c</Data>
    <Data>01c86e5cea9a7086</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    --------------------
    Does it look familiar tu..?:)

    Herman

    Herman, Feb 13, 2008
  6. Herman

    Theo Guest

    Unfortunately without knowing exactly the program is for, or
    to, it is virtually impossible for anyone to provide help on
    something unknown.

    After all, this forum is for assistance on Windows 64-bit
    operating systems, but without knowing what the program is
    one cannot suggest a solution.

    Theo, Feb 13, 2008
  7. OK, let's go at this a different way.

    Open a command window (cmd.exe) AS ADMINISTRATOR

    type "msconfig"
    look through all the tabs for any reference to MSDM6402.exe
    Disable it if you find it.
    Close msconfig, and restart your computer.

    If your system works normally, you then get the fun of going into the
    registry and removing all references to it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 13, 2008
  8. Sorry, there's really nothing much there beyond what is in your subject
    line - and the link brings up a '404'.

    If nothing else here puts you on-track, this message would be usefull to MS
    Support.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 13, 2008
  9. Herman

    Herman Guest

    Thxs Charlie,

    Now I know where it comes from. It starts a prog for the Konica Minolta
    2500W laserprinter. I think its the prog that is constantly managing the
    printerstatus.. :)
    I think I try to install it again. Because earlier I didnt get any
    errormessages.
    Gr. Herman

    Herman, Feb 13, 2008
  10. Ah, progress. I don't know the particular software, but you probably should
    do a bit of cleanup first - certainly with HP printer software that is very
    much required. A full uninstall, and often a registry cleanout (HP even has
    a utility for it cleaning up after themselves.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 13, 2008