    seeing this?

    Thanks,
    Andy

    Andy Smith, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Andy Smith

    Julie Larson Guest

    "Andy Smith" <> wrote in message news:<t2DKc.457$>...
    > I think it has happened twice. The first time Norton firewall was reporting
    > that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. NotePad.exe was as well.
    > I killed notepad with no problem but ended up disabling mstask in the
    > registry and the deleting the suspicous files.
    > This time the process could not be stopped, the files could not be deleted.
    > I booted off the recovery cd, then removed the suspicious files. Anyone else
    > seeing this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Andy

    Yes, today on my machine, the firewall blocked Notepad.exe which
    wanted to access the internet? Is this a new bug? McAfee Virus Scan
    has nothing to say about it.

    Julie Larson, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Andy Smith

    Andy Smith Guest

    > > I think it has happened twice. The first time Norton firewall was

    reporting
    > > that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. NotePad.exe was as

    well.
    > > I killed notepad with no problem but ended up disabling mstask in the
    > > registry and the deleting the suspicous files.
    > > This time the process could not be stopped, the files could not be

    deleted.
    > > I booted off the recovery cd, then removed the suspicious files. Anyone

    else
    > > seeing this?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Andy

    > Yes, today on my machine, the firewall blocked Notepad.exe which
    > wanted to access the internet? Is this a new bug? McAfee Virus Scan
    > has nothing to say about it.

    Norton anti-virus did not detect that Notepad had been replaced or that
    mstask.exe had been replaced either. I believe these are trojans.

    Andy Smith, Jul 20, 2004