    What is the above ? It is located in windows/fat32.
    Should it be deleted ? Is it a form of trojan ?
    Thanks.

    JonC, Nov 2, 2005

  2. JonC

    Toolman Tim Guest

    JonC wrote:
    > What is the above ? It is located in windows/fat32.
    > Should it be deleted ? Is it a form of trojan ?
    > Thanks.

    That *might* depend on the operating system, add-ons from the OEM, etc.
    Maybe you should post a little more information about your system. Also,
    there may be a file extension not shown. Check the file properties for more
    information.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 2, 2005

  3. JonC

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:21:41 -0000, "JonC"
    <> wrote:

    >What is the above ? It is located in windows/fat32.
    >Should it be deleted ? Is it a form of trojan ?
    >Thanks.

    mstart - .exe ? .com ? .bat?

    /windows/fat32 - I have no such directory, nor is such a directory
    standard with windows.

    More details are needed.

    Evan Platt, Nov 2, 2005
  4. JonC

    Plato Guest

    JonC wrote:

    > What is the above ? It is located in windows/fat32.
    > Should it be deleted ? Is it a form of trojan ?

    Rename it. See what happens.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 2, 2005
  5. JonC

    Andrew Guest

    On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:28:51 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    like an idiot.

    yeah... the fisherman eats and the idiot starves !..

    still a slightly thicker line though than that between...

    playing cricket and posing in a field with eye protection... or
    baseball and rounders............................................or..
    rugby and cattle stealing....................................or..
    Golf and a spoilt bastard walk..........................or
    my arse and my elbow.

    (irate fisherman... and no i don't live in the Med and
    cast upon the waters seeking sustenance...
    and.... and... ah shit ... ok ... the idiot thing's a given !)

    Andrew, Nov 2, 2005
  6. JonC wrote:
    > What is the above ? It is located in windows/fat32.
    > Should it be deleted ? Is it a form of trojan ?
    > Thanks.

    Install Service Pak 2 and post back. Our best guess is that the file will be
    deleted automatically, as it should by design.
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
    Microsoft Corparation

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Nov 2, 2005
  7. JonC

    Donald Guest

    its a web accelerator

    Donald, Nov 2, 2005
  8. JonC

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Nov 3, 2005
  9. JonC

    JonC Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "JonC" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>What is the above ? It is located in windows/fat32.
    > |>Should it be deleted ? Is it a form of trojan ?
    >
    > C:/windows/fat32/mstart.exe
    >
    > Copy and paste the above into http://hijackthis.de/en
    > hit analyze, It's not good. (adult content dialer)
    >
    > --
    > Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far
    > http://tinyurl.com/auyjl
    > Remove Sonys Rootkit DMA
    > http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/english/updates.html

    Thanks for your help.