    says "Stopped MSSQL Server". Do I need that program at all?

    Thanks in advance for the help?

    SN
    Boris Sherman, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Boris Sherman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Boris Sherman wrote:
    > Every time when I start my computer i get an icon in the right bottom
    > corner (system tray?). That icon says MSSQL Server. That icon was not
    > there from the day one. I disabled it and nothing happened except now
    > it says "Stopped MSSQL Server". Do I need that program at all?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help?
    >
    > SN

    Some programs require MS SQL Server (Veritas Backup Exec, for example). If
    you don't know what program you installed that added it, then leave it off.
    Eventually something won't work <g>

    http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_server/mssql/mssql.asp (while not
    exactly pertinent, it does give you an idea of what the software is for.)

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2005