    misc Guest

    As a company, we are considering an mssp providing ids service.

    What should we be asking them?
    misc, Jul 18, 2003

  2. misc

    Guest

    You should consider what products they are using, and you would want to
    get an idea of what other clients they have in order to determine if
    they actually know what they're doing. Security is a bit more than
    buying or downloading some intrusion detection svce product, throwing
    it on a network and claiming "We're secure because we have a firewall
    and an IDS."

    You would want to know for a fact that their admins have an under-
    standing (thorough one) for what is going on. Else you could save
    money by throwing up a BSD or Linux, run an Open Source IDS and
    do the same thing some company claims they do.

    Connectivity should be a concern as well since checking live data
    is intense so you would want to know what sort of load balancing
    if any they have in place if you are a large company...

    Yours truly,
    cektop / segment ... antioffline.com/segment.html

    misc wrote:
    > As a company, we are considering an mssp providing ids service.
    >
    > What should we be asking them?

    , Jul 19, 2003