    I found a cache file named MSOCache in my file direcrory. It seems to
    many files going back several years. Is there any reason I should not
    delete all the files in MSOCache ??

    jim fisher, Jun 12, 2007

  2. jim fisher

    Guest

    On Jun 11, 6:26 pm, jim fisher <> wrote:
    > I found a cache file named MSOCache in my file direcrory. It seems to
    > many files going back several years. Is there any reason I should not
    > delete all the files in MSOCache ??

    This folder is installed as part of the Microsoft Office 2003 setup.
    It uses these files in case you want to repair the installation or
    install some other component in the future. You can remove this file
    safely by using the Windows Disk Cleanup tool. I gathered these steps
    from Microsoft's support site:http://support.microsoft.com/
    default.aspx?kbid=825933#appliesto

    To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to
    System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
    2. In the Select Drive dialog box, in the Drives list, click C:, and
    then click OK.
    3. Wait for Disk Cleanup to finish checking the drive.
    4. In the Files to Delete list, click to select the Office Setup Files
    check box, and then click OK.
    5. When you receive the following message, click Yes:
    Are you sure you want to delete these files?

    , Jun 12, 2007