    it's an .mso file it's called oledata.mso I've tried to open it with
    MS Word but it's mostly unreadable. Can anyone recommend what
    application would make this file readable so I can print off a copy.
    M25, Feb 21, 2007

  2. M25

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Look it up for yourself: http://filext.com
    WhzzKdd, Feb 21, 2007

  3. M25

    M25 Guest

    "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message
    > M25 wrote:
    >> I'm running windows XP and have been sent a timesheet via email
    >> it's an .mso file it's called oledata.mso I've tried to open it with
    >> MS Word but it's mostly unreadable. Can anyone recommend what
    >> application would make this file readable so I can print off a copy.

    > Look it up for yourself: http://filext.com

    I did but didn't fin it that helpful
    M25, Feb 21, 2007
  4. M25

    Mike Easter Guest

    M25 wrote:
    > "WhzzKdd"
    >> M25 wrote:
    >>> I'm running windows XP and have been sent a timesheet via email
    >>> it's an .mso file it's called oledata.mso I've tried to open it with
    >>> MS Word but it's mostly unreadable. Can anyone recommend what
    >>> application would make this file readable so I can print off a copy.

    >> Look it up for yourself: http://filext.com

    > I did but didn't fin it that helpful

    That site sez this:

    MSO MedlySound Sound/Module
    MSO FrontPage File (Microsoft)
    MSO Orgchart File (Microsoft)
    MSO Word OLE Web Page Storage Stream (Microsoft Corporation)
    MSO Math Script Object File

    Of those, your timesheet is most likely the orgchart file, and most
    likely created with something like Excel of MS Office suite.

    If you don't have MS Office, then you have to either find another way to
    open the file, buy and install MS Office, or have your sender send you a
    'picture' or other representation of the timesheet in a format you can
    handle.

    The way I would handle it would be to use openoffice as another way to
    handle the file, which can handle .mso orgchart files properly if they
    don't have MS macros.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 21, 2007