    All it says is: detecting proxy settings. I've tried refresh and all that
    is suggested on that page but get no where. How do I solve this Problem.
    Dee

    Dolores Cregan, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Dolores Cregan

    Harrison Guest

    If you don't normally use a proxy server, then turn off the use proxy
    setting in Internet Explorer.
    Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings
    Uncheck any proxy settings, but ONLY if you don;t use a proxy.

    If you cannot also access pages such as Yahoo!, Google, Lycos, etc.,
    then you probably have been bitten by the QHOSTS Trojan.

    http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.qhosts.html

    Harrison, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Dolores Cregan

    Rob B Guest

    Sounds like your computer doesn't realize you have an internet connection.
    Try rebooting and reconnecting.
    Also try clicking on file and uncheck "work offline".

    Rob
    www.techhowto.org

    Rob B, Oct 6, 2003