    Anybody have a solution to this problem?

    thanks much! :)
    , Feb 22, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Anybody else having a problem playing the "winks" from MSN messenger? It
    > keeps telling me to install Flash Player. I have installed many times but
    > still the "winks" on MSN won't play via Firefox.
    >
    > Anybody have a solution to this problem?
    >
    > thanks much! :)

    I have no idea what you are talking about, but the MS in MSN makes me
    think that you may be barking up the wrong browser. In other words, it
    probably needs IE.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Guest

    Hmmm why should it matter what browser I use to play my "winks"? Does the
    browser have anything to do with this? I thought it is the Flash Player
    which allows the "winks" etc to play?

    It did work when using IE though. But no to "Firefox".
    Thanks
    , Feb 22, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Hmmm why should it matter what browser I use to play my "winks"? Does the
    > browser have anything to do with this? I thought it is the Flash Player
    > which allows the "winks" etc to play?
    >
    > It did work when using IE though. But no to "Firefox".
    > Thanks

    Give a link to the problem page. Without being able to see the problem,
    we can do no more then guess, as I have up to now.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  5. ..brian.. Guest

    wrote:
    > Anybody else having a problem playing the "winks" from MSN messenger?

    It
    > keeps telling me to install Flash Player. I have installed many

    times but
    > still the "winks" on MSN won't play via Firefox.
    >
    > Anybody have a solution to this problem?
    >
    > thanks much! :)

    Isn't the "wink" feature part of MSN Messenger Beta? What does it have
    to do with your Web browser?? Or is there something I am missing? I
    understand there is a Web version of MSN Messenger also, but it is not
    the beta version, and does not support the beta features (ex. "winks").

    Also, in the future it might help to explain what you are talking
    about, especially when someone replies to your message and tell you
    they have no idea what the hell you are referring to. Just an idea.
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Feb 22, 2005
  6. Roland Guest

    On 22-2-2005 6:32, wrote:

    > Hmmm why should it matter what browser I use to play my "winks"? Does the
    > browser have anything to do with this? I thought it is the Flash Player
    > which allows the "winks" etc to play?
    >
    > It did work when using IE though. But no to "Firefox".
    > Thanks

    I agree that, if Flash is installed, it shouldn't matter which browser
    is used to play a Flash movie/animation/game.

    However, it's Microsoft's MSN site (assuming that the game is located
    there) that has been known to support a limited set of browsers (IE and
    derivates) by not sending the appropriate Content Type headers. The
    Mozilla family of browsers (incl. Firefox) use this Content Type (aka
    MIME type) to determine how to handle a file received from a website.

    If MSN does not send the content type of the Flash game
    (application/x-shockwave-flash), or sends the wrong type, Firefox cannot
    display it. Even if you'd install the Flash plugin another zillion
    times, you still cannot play it in Firefox :-\
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 22, 2005
  7. Guest

    I thought I explained...at least a few people understood what I was trying
    to get answers. When using MSN Messenger version 7 which features an option
    to send "winks" (animation which needs flash player). While using Firefox
    and MSN Messenger the "winks" feature will not work. When I click on the
    "animation wink" it keeps telling me to install the flash player. This was
    done a few times to no avail. I did try using "winks" when I had IE as my
    default browser and it worked.

    Like I said in an earlier post, perhaps it will only work with IE.
    :)

    Thanks
    , Feb 22, 2005
  8. Roland Guest

    On 22-2-2005 22:01, wrote:

    > I thought I explained...at least a few people understood what I was trying
    > to get answers. When using MSN Messenger version 7 which features an option
    > to send "winks" (animation which needs flash player). While using Firefox
    > and MSN Messenger the "winks" feature will not work. When I click on the
    > "animation wink" it keeps telling me to install the flash player. This was
    > done a few times to no avail. I did try using "winks" when I had IE as my
    > default browser and it worked.
    >
    > Like I said in an earlier post, perhaps it will only work with IE.
    > :)
    >
    > Thanks

    Hmm, I don't use MSN Messenger, so I wasn't aware that this was what you
    meant. I thought that you were referring to some game on games.msn.com,
    named "winks" , obviously. Whadda mistake to make... ;-)

    Guess you're right that it only works with IE.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 22, 2005
  9. ..brian.. Guest

    wrote:
    > I thought I explained...at least a few people understood what I was

    trying
    > to get answers. When using MSN Messenger version 7 which features an

    option
    > to send "winks" (animation which needs flash player). While using

    Firefox
    > and MSN Messenger the "winks" feature will not work. When I click on

    the
    > "animation wink" it keeps telling me to install the flash player.

    This was
    > done a few times to no avail. I did try using "winks" when I had IE

    as my
    > default browser and it worked.
    >
    > Like I said in an earlier post, perhaps it will only work with IE.
    > :)
    >
    > Thanks

    I normally use GAIM, not MSN Messenger, for all my IM'ing needs.
    However, I did install MSN IM 7 (beta) to see the "winks" feature you
    are talking about. Firefox is set as the default browser on my
    computer which is running WinXP. I don't seem to have any trouble with
    the "wink" feature. Although I haven't received any "winks" from any
    external sources -- so I don't know if the feature works when someone
    else sends me a "wink".

    Feel free to contact me with this MSN name, and try sending one if you
    want:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/redfish/temp/MSN.png
    --
    Brian