    Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.

    Any ideas

    Kreed.
    kreed22a, Aug 8, 2005

  2. kreed22a

    old jon Guest

    "kreed22a" <> wrote in message
    news:dd81q7$6ou$-infra.bt.com...
    > Can no longer uploader pictures to MSN or Spaces.
    >
    > Uploader just stopped working, tried re- installing and machine freezes.
    > Have removed all Downloaded Files (IE addins) and retried, just the same.
    > Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.
    >
    > Any ideas
    >
    > Kreed.

    Check your Event viewer for reported errors.

    old jon, Aug 8, 2005

  3. kreed22a

    kreed22a Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "kreed22a" <> wrote in message
    >> Can no longer uploader pictures to MSN or Spaces.
    >>
    >> Uploader just stopped working, tried re- installing and machine freezes.
    >> Have removed all Downloaded Files (IE addins) and retried, just the same.
    >> Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.
    >>
    >> Any ideas
    >>
    >> Kreed.

    > Check your Event viewer for reported errors.

    Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
    Event 1002 - Category (101).

    Kreed
    kreed22a, Aug 8, 2005
  4. kreed22a

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:20 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:

    >"old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "kreed22a" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can no longer uploader pictures to MSN or Spaces.
    >>>
    >>> Uploader just stopped working, tried re- installing and machine freezes.
    >>> Have removed all Downloaded Files (IE addins) and retried, just the same.
    >>> Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas
    >>>
    >>> Kreed.

    >> Check your Event viewer for reported errors.
    >>

    >Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
    >Event 1002 - Category (101).

    Does it give the source / application name?

    It's no help at all , how?
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Event 1002 - Category (101)

    Windows unwanted restart... - TechSpot Troubleshooting
    Admin tools->Event Log->Some errors: Application Error Category: 101
    Event 1002
    Application Error Category: none Event 1000 In system: Source: NV Event:
    101 ...
    www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-11693-Windows-unwanted-restart.html -
    21k - Cached - Similar pages

    Computing.Net - Excel Always Hangs on 2K3 Domain
    I've just gone through the event viewer to try and find a solution;.
    Event Type:
    Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID:
    1002 ...
    www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/4558.html - 23k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    IE Problem- Application hang
    On checking the event viewer-applications I have several similar error
    messages
    that read "Application Hang Category 101-Type Error Event ID
    1002-Hanging ...
    http://forum.tweakxp.com/forum/FindPost171313.aspx - 53k - 6 Aug 2005 -
    Cached - Similar pages

    and many more....

    Even better if you change the search keywords to

    msn Event 1002 - Category (101)

    reset registry settings after reformating.. - Footslog's Web Boards
    I do have a Dell, bought from Dell.com, though MSN Messenger wasn't on
    the computer
    .... Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002
    www.footslog.com/board/Forum14/HTML/000095.html - 71k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    - Microsoft windows inetexplorer ie6 browser
    .... Cannot play MSN Broadband Highlights · Cannot play MSN Broadband
    Highlights
    .... mshtml.dll error · Iexplore.exe hangs with Event ID 1002 Category
    (101) ...
    www.msusenet.com/archive/index.php/f-68-p-291.html - 36k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    change search to
    msn hang Event 1002 - Category (101)
    and there are 322 hits

    Me
    why?, Aug 8, 2005
  5. kreed22a

    kreed22a Guest

    > On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:20 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:
    >

    >>"old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "kreed22a" <> wrote in message

    >>> Check your Event viewer for reported errors.
    >>>

    >>Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
    >>Event 1002 - Category (101).

    > Does it give the source / application name?
    >

    > It's no help at all , how?
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=Event 1002 - Category (101)
    >
    > Windows unwanted restart... - TechSpot Troubleshooting
    > Admin tools->Event Log->Some errors: Application Error Category: 101
    > Event 1002
    > Application Error Category: none Event 1000 In system: Source: NV Event:
    > 101 ...
    > www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-11693-Windows-unwanted-restart.html -
    > 21k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > Computing.Net - Excel Always Hangs on 2K3 Domain
    > I've just gone through the event viewer to try and find a solution;.
    > Event Type:
    > Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID:
    > 1002 ...
    > www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/4558.html - 23k - Cached -
    > Similar pages
    >
    > IE Problem- Application hang
    > On checking the event viewer-applications I have several similar error
    > messages
    > that read "Application Hang Category 101-Type Error Event ID
    > 1002-Hanging ...
    > http://forum.tweakxp.com/forum/FindPost171313.aspx - 53k - 6 Aug 2005 -
    > Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > and many more....
    >

    > Even better if you change the search keywords to
    >
    > msn Event 1002 - Category (101)
    >
    > reset registry settings after reformating.. - Footslog's Web Boards
    > I do have a Dell, bought from Dell.com, though MSN Messenger wasn't on
    > the computer
    > ... Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002
    > www.footslog.com/board/Forum14/HTML/000095.html - 71k - Cached - Similar
    > pages
    >
    > - Microsoft windows inetexplorer ie6 browser
    > ... Cannot play MSN Broadband Highlights · Cannot play MSN Broadband
    > Highlights
    > ... mshtml.dll error · Iexplore.exe hangs with Event ID 1002 Category
    > (101) ...
    > www.msusenet.com/archive/index.php/f-68-p-291.html - 36k - Cached -
    > Similar pages
    >

    > change search to
    > msn hang Event 1002 - Category (101)
    > and there are 322 hits
    >
    > Me

    Thanks for all of the links, lots of interesting reading - it seems loads of
    people have the same problem.
    Thing is no one seems to have a solution. Any chance of giving me ONE link
    to a solution.

    Kreed
    kreed22a, Aug 9, 2005
  6. kreed22a

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:08:13 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:

    >> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:20 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:
    >>

    >>>"old jon" <> wrote in message

    <big snip>

    >>>Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
    >>>Event 1002 - Category (101).

    >> Does it give the source / application name?
    >>

    >> It's no help at all , how?
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=Event 1002 - Category (101)
    >>
    >> Windows unwanted restart... - TechSpot Troubleshooting
    >> Admin tools->Event Log->Some errors: Application Error Category: 101

    <big snip>

    >> change search to
    >> msn hang Event 1002 - Category (101)
    >> and there are 322 hits
    >>
    >> Me

    >Thanks for all of the links, lots of interesting reading - it seems loads of

    YW, however it was only a bit of www.google.com and altering the words /
    order of the words to search for.

    >people have the same problem.
    >Thing is no one seems to have a solution. Any chance of giving me ONE link
    >to a solution.

    Um..... I get paid to do that at work, this isn't.

    Me
    why?, Aug 9, 2005