msn nz

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nik Coughlin, Apr 21, 2009.

  1. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Nik Coughlin, Apr 21, 2009

  2. Nik Coughlin

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote in message
    news:gsj7hf$qgo$...
    > Hacked:
    > http://www.msn.co.nz/

    What makes you think that?

    Jack Spratt, Apr 21, 2009

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:gsjn6v$ms1$...
    > "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote in message
    > news:gsj7hf$qgo$...
    >> Hacked:
    >> http://www.msn.co.nz/

    > What makes you think that?

    http://nrkn.com/temp/msn.png

    It's been fixed now.

    Nik Coughlin, Apr 21, 2009
  4. Nik Coughlin

    Jack Spratt Guest

    Jack Spratt, Apr 21, 2009

    SQL injection attack at domainz.net
    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=3185>,
    <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-290478.html>.

    How sad is that?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 22, 2009
  6. Nik Coughlin

    Jack Spratt Guest

    > In message <gsj7hf$qgo$>, Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >
    >> Hacked:

    > SQL injection attack at domainz.net
    > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=3185>,
    > <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-290478.html>.
    >
    > How sad is that?

    Very and so simple to avoid.

    Jack Spratt, Apr 22, 2009
  7. On Apr 22, 2:29 pm, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
    wrote:

    > > In message <gsj7hf$>, Nik Coughlin wrote:

    > >> Hacked:

    > > SQL injection attack at domainz.net
    > > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=3185>,
    > > <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-290478.html>.

    > > How sad is that?

    > Very and so simple to avoid.

    Just out of curiosity, whose fault is this?
    The managers of msn and the other affected sites, or domainz.net?

    From what I can gather the problem appears to be at domainz.net, not
    with the sites themselves or their hosting providers, but then again I
    am open to correction on this! Is there anything the people who run
    and build the sites themselves could do to avoid this issue?

    Regards
    Peter Jenkins

    Peter Jenkins, Apr 22, 2009
  8. In message <9630603c-34e8-4759-83a8-
    >, Peter Jenkins wrote:

    > From what I can gather the problem appears to be at domainz.net ...

    That would seem to be right. Somebody got into their database and redirected
    the delegations for those domains to rogue servers. The actual site servers
    were not touched.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 22, 2009