msn not working massive problems

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Travis, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. Travis

    Travis Guest

    hi for some gay reason msn (latest 8.5 version) has been shitting out
    for awhile.

    it oftens just randomly disconnects me from the server, saying my
    connection to microsoft was lost. sometimes my messages are not sent
    to users (and it doesn't display a message saying they weren't sent)
    and often other users messages are lagged by often minutes are I just
    do not receive them.

    sometimes in group convos msn will say i'm having "temporary network
    problems" and force me to leave the convo, and then a few seconds
    later i will be signed out because my connection "was lost with
    microsoft"

    my contacts will often say i'm offline, even though i am not on this
    end and then a few seconds later i lose connection. the group convo
    window will remain open and i can still get their messages even though
    apparantely i am offline, and their messages show up as if they are
    being sent to me if i'm offline (aka, without nicknames).

    just now (as the reason for this message) i got messages from 2
    contacts, apparnalty they've been trying to talk to me for 30 minutes
    (i signed on at 19:00 and they were both on, and I got their message
    around 19:30). and sometimes emoticons do not display in group convos
    at all

    this shit with microsoft is unacceptable and i want to fucking sue
    them, anybody else having problems with msn 8.5? i do not recall
    having any problems with the same version of 8.5 a couple of weeks
    ago, the most prominent one is just not getting messages from other
    users and being signed out or off of group convos.

    thanks for reading please reply :3
    Travis, Sep 12, 2008

  2. Travis

    JD Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > hi for some gay reason msn (latest 8.5 version) has been shitting out
    > for awhile.
    >
    > it oftens just randomly disconnects me from the server, saying my
    > connection to microsoft was lost. sometimes my messages are not sent
    > to users (and it doesn't display a message saying they weren't sent)
    > and often other users messages are lagged by often minutes are I just
    > do not receive them.
    >
    > sometimes in group convos msn will say i'm having "temporary network
    > problems" and force me to leave the convo, and then a few seconds
    > later i will be signed out because my connection "was lost with
    > microsoft"
    >
    > my contacts will often say i'm offline, even though i am not on this
    > end and then a few seconds later i lose connection. the group convo
    > window will remain open and i can still get their messages even though
    > apparantely i am offline, and their messages show up as if they are
    > being sent to me if i'm offline (aka, without nicknames).
    >
    > just now (as the reason for this message) i got messages from 2
    > contacts, apparnalty they've been trying to talk to me for 30 minutes
    > (i signed on at 19:00 and they were both on, and I got their message
    > around 19:30). and sometimes emoticons do not display in group convos
    > at all
    >
    > this shit with microsoft is unacceptable and i want to fucking sue
    > them, anybody else having problems with msn 8.5? i do not recall
    > having any problems with the same version of 8.5 a couple of weeks
    > ago, the most prominent one is just not getting messages from other
    > users and being signed out or off of group convos.
    >
    > thanks for reading please reply :3

    You haven't told us what Version of Windows you are using it could be
    various things such as firewall settings to your network set-up (router
    etc.)

    However I have seen a problem like this on Windows vista (everyone's
    favorate! /sarcasm) where MSN craps out but the network is fine, can
    brows internet etc. fine.

    to solve that problem use an elevated command prompt and enter
    "interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled"

    if it is windows XP/2000 or anything else your going to have to give us
    more info
    JD, Sep 12, 2008