msn monitoring

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Budweiser, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. Budweiser

    Budweiser Guest

    greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the like
    activity.
    I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room connected
    via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as such have trusted
    her to make her own decisions on who she contacts etc.
    I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the trust placed in
    her.
    She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own account
    on it.
    Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and lets
    just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others could
    easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation alot older.I
    am no prude either but draw the line on her organising meets with local lads
    aged 18 plus.
    Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a life
    changing decision or action with a minor.

    Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the contents of
    the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that is not really
    relevant.
    The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that records
    output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my "ring"), or at
    least have her machine save it to a file that i can access over the wireless
    network(shared folder on hers)
    Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do not
    want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but right now she
    does not have my trust and that is what it will have to be unless i can get
    the above installed, it will also save a direct confrontation which will
    probably embarrass her no end.

    cheers
    Budweiser --concerned father
    Budweiser, Jan 27, 2007

  2. Budweiser

    Otter Guest

    In news:4jyuh.81895$,
    Budweiser <> typed:
    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the
    > like activity.
    > I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room
    > connected via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as
    > such have trusted her to make her own decisions on who she contacts
    > etc. I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the trust
    > placed in her.
    > She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own
    > account on it.
    > Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and
    > lets just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    > My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others
    > could easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation
    > alot older.I am no prude either but draw the line on her organising
    > meets with local lads aged 18 plus.
    > Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a
    > life changing decision or action with a minor.
    >
    > Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the
    > contents of the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as
    > that is not really relevant.
    > The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that
    > records output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my
    > "ring"), or at least have her machine save it to a file that i can
    > access over the wireless network(shared folder on hers)
    > Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I
    > do not want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but
    > right now she does not have my trust and that is what it will have to
    > be unless i can get the above installed, it will also save a direct
    > confrontation which will probably embarrass her no end.
    >
    > cheers
    > Budweiser --concerned father

    Yeah, right! You are 14 years old, and you want to be able to spy on the
    computer useage of adults, including your 19 year old sister and 21 year old
    brother!
    Otter, Jan 27, 2007

  3. Budweiser

    Budweiser Guest

    Wrong --i am 45 her father, she is 13.
    It is a straight question. If you choose not to believe the
    scenario--fine,you obviously do not have kids that age yet.
    Budweiser

    Budweiser, Jan 27, 2007
  4. Budweiser

    Otter Guest

    In news:lCyuh.82712$,
    Budweiser <> typed:
    > Wrong --i am 45 her father, she is 13.
    > It is a straight question. If you choose not to believe the
    > scenario--fine,you obviously do not have kids that age yet.
    > Budweiser

    You miss the point. This is Usenet. You can make up any story you like to
    justify what you want, but in the end it's simply a public request for a
    surrepticious means of spying on other people's use of a computer. Do you
    see?
    Otter, Jan 27, 2007
  5. Budweiser

    Old Gringo Guest

    On or About Sat, 27 Jan 2007 01:56:16 GMT, Without Any Hesitation,
    Budweiser Wrote The Following:

    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the like
    > activity.
    > I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room connected
    > via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as such have trusted
    > her to make her own decisions on who she contacts etc.
    > I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the trust placed in
    > her.
    > She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own account
    > on it.
    > Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and lets
    > just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    > My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others could
    > easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation alot older.I
    > am no prude either but draw the line on her organising meets with local lads
    > aged 18 plus.
    > Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a life
    > changing decision or action with a minor.
    >
    > Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the contents of
    > the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that is not really
    > relevant.
    > The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that records
    > output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my "ring"), or at
    > least have her machine save it to a file that i can access over the wireless
    > network(shared folder on hers)
    > Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do not
    > want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but right now she
    > does not have my trust and that is what it will have to be unless i can get
    > the above installed, it will also save a direct confrontation which will
    > probably embarrass her no end.
    >
    > cheers
    > Budweiser --concerned father

    Upon reading the commentary above it appears as though the Concerned
    Father is completely at fault. When one makes a mistake, one should
    correct it or learn to live with it, and not look for alternative
    methods of compensating for the mistake. The 13 year old will soon
    learn to dislike and disrespect the Concerned Father for spying on
    her.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Jan 27, 2007
  6. Budweiser

    Budweiser Guest

    Point taken -- but i did say that i wanted to spy, researching key loggers
    at present --ever used Perfect Keylogger or do you have a better one?
    The request for info is genuine , already contemplated a wireless out put of
    the screen to the home tv and vcr but that seems excessive and impractical.
    Maybe this is a package that someone ought to develop, in this day and age i
    can see a massive market, granted the usage could and will probably be
    abused.
    The trouble with the internet is you can be and appear to be who you wish, a
    good thing for freedom of information and life in general, however you need
    to understand that and embrace it,and understand all that is and all that is
    written or said may not be the truth, that comes with age and experience. I
    feel it is my duty as a parent to prevent , preventable occurances. Not
    censorship, a guardian angel if you wish.

    On with the search, what i need is out there somewhere
    Budweiser

    Budweiser, Jan 27, 2007
  7. Budweiser

    Budweiser Guest

    So gringo,
    correct the mistake? whets that -- allowing her, her own internet and pc?
    remove internet access from her room then?
    That is not what I wish to do,
    Block MSN? --all her school mates talk constantly on it.
    Trust her? -- yes I do , but not an 18year old with hormones rampaging in
    its jeans.
    Children need guidance until they have a life tool kit of there own, yes
    they should be allowed to make mistakes, but these sort of actions need to
    be prevented.
    I am sorry I asked the question here, this used to be a place for advice and
    direction, not judgementental uttering

    Budweiser, Jan 27, 2007
  8. On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 02:43:54 GMT, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    >Upon reading the commentary above it appears as though the Concerned
    >Father is completely at fault. When one makes a mistake, one should
    >correct it or learn to live with it, and not look for alternative
    >methods of compensating for the mistake. The 13 year old will soon
    >learn to dislike and disrespect the Concerned Father for spying on
    >her.

    Sir, you have always given good advice and I respect you, but it is my
    opinion that you are being overly judgmental concerning this fellow.

    The Internet can be a very nasty place as you know. The choices
    parents face today regarding their children's Internet usage are
    tough. I think allowing complete unrestricted usage to a 13 year old
    is akin to handing over the keys to a racecar. That said, the car can
    be driven on a test track with supervision - or driven on public
    streets, an accident waiting to happen. While the notion of "spying"
    has negative connotations, it may save the child's life. Let's
    remember that the child has no "right" to privacy and the parent has
    every "responsibility" to protect the child. When the brat turns 18
    and buys their own modem, they can make their own choices :)
    Carnival Midway Hawker, Jan 27, 2007
  9. Budweiser

    bigjon Guest

    On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 01:56:16 GMT, Budweiser wrote:

    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the like
    > activity.
    > I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room connected
    > via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as such have trusted
    > her to make her own decisions on who she contacts etc.
    > I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the trust placed in
    > her.
    > She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own account
    > on it.
    > Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and lets
    > just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    > My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others could
    > easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation alot older.I
    > am no prude either but draw the line on her organising meets with local lads
    > aged 18 plus.
    > Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a life
    > changing decision or action with a minor.
    >
    > Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the contents of
    > the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that is not really
    > relevant.
    > The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that records
    > output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my "ring"), or at
    > least have her machine save it to a file that i can access over the wireless
    > network(shared folder on hers)
    > Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do not
    > want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but right now she
    > does not have my trust and that is what it will have to be unless i can get
    > the above installed, it will also save a direct confrontation which will
    > probably embarrass her no end.
    >
    > cheers
    > Budweiser --concerned fater

    There's a couple of dozen here:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/downloadfind.php?action=s&st=key logger

    ....but the real answer is that YOU have to make a hard decision.

    Either you control her internet use, you alienate her by spying, or you
    talk about it and trust her.

    In my experience (father of 4) Spying will _not_ work, and if she can use
    the P.C. then they can be easily disabled. Far better to sit down with her
    and discuss the subject. If this is not possible, you should be responsible
    enough to monitor her use openly.

    Embarrasment is not really an issue, more of a cop out on your part. Far
    better she is safe and embarrassed by you, than brought to your door in a
    state by the local bobbies (or worse...)
    bigjon, Jan 27, 2007
  10. Budweiser

    Old Gringo Guest

    On or About Sat, 27 Jan 2007 03:48:05 GMT, Without Any Hesitation,

    No reply, posted wrong.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    1/26/2007 10:16:54 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Jan 27, 2007
  11. Budweiser

    John Holmes Guest

    Budweiser "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the
    > like activity.
    > I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room
    > connected via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as
    > such have trusted her to make her own decisions on who she contacts
    > etc. I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the
    > trust placed in her.
    > She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own
    > account on it.
    > Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and
    > lets just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    > My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others
    > could easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation
    > alot older.I am no prude either but draw the line on her organising
    > meets with local lads aged 18 plus.
    > Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a
    > life changing decision or action with a minor.
    >
    > Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the
    > contents of the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that
    > is not really relevant.
    > The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that
    > records output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my
    > "ring"), or at least have her machine save it to a file that i can
    > access over the wireless network(shared folder on hers)
    > Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do
    > not want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but
    > right now she does not have my trust and that is what it will have to
    > be unless i can get the above installed, it will also save a direct
    > confrontation which will probably embarrass her no end.
    >
    > cheers
    > Budweiser --concerned father

    Beat the shit out of her, that'll teach her.

    --
    You worthless drip of rotting maggot guts.
    John Holmes, Jan 27, 2007
  12. Budweiser wrote:

    > My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others
    > could easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation alot
    > older.I am no prude either but draw the line on her organising meets with
    > local lads aged 18 plus.
    > Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a life
    > changing decision or action with a minor.
    >
    > Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the contents
    > of the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that is not
    > really relevant.
    > The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that records
    > output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my "ring"), or at
    > least have her machine save it to a file that i can access over the
    > wireless network(shared folder on hers)
    > Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do not
    > want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but right now
    > she does not have my trust and that is what it will have to be unless i
    > can get the above installed, it will also save a direct confrontation
    > which will probably embarrass her no end.

    That embarrassment is one thing you both will have to go through. You are
    the father.
    Silently spying on her is for sure the wrong way.
    You can tell her about your concerns since you saw her messages, and that
    now you have to force her to change msn identity (close her old account) -
    and you will be watching her net behavior in the future. *Then* a keylogger
    might be somehow legitimate, NOT for spying without her knowledge.
    Walter Mautner, Jan 27, 2007
  13. Budweiser

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-01-27, Budweiser <> wrote:
    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the like
    > activity.

    I suggest that you don't. Trust is more important than that.

    Consider discussing sensible and safe on-line behaviour in the same way,
    and as part of the same subject, as safe and sensible conduct in the
    street or at school or in any other public place.

    Your ISP offers some help, apparently
    <http://www.ntlworld.com/microsites/netguard/parental_control.php>

    snip

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 27, 2007
  14. "Budweiser" <> wrote in

    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the
    > like activity.
    > I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room
    > connected via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as such
    > have trusted her to make her own decisions on who she contacts etc.
    > I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the trust
    > placed in her.
    > She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own
    > account on it.
    > Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and lets
    > just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    > My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others
    > could easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation alot
    > older.I am no prude either but draw the line on her organising meets
    > with local lads aged 18 plus.
    > Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a life
    > changing decision or action with a minor.
    >
    > Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the contents
    > of the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that is not
    > really relevant.
    > The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that
    > records output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my
    > "ring"), or at least have her machine save it to a file that i can
    > access over the wireless network(shared folder on hers)
    > Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do
    > not want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but right
    > now she does not have my trust and that is what it will have to be
    > unless i can get the above installed, it will also save a direct
    > confrontation which will probably embarrass her no end.
    >
    > cheers
    > Budweiser --concerned father

    You should /*not*/ have been forcing your deviant sex on your
    own little daughter! Contrary to British custom, "Incest
    is best!" is a statistical fallacy.

    Not only is it a sin and a crime (in most places except in
    the UK, where incest is not only strictly-speaking "legal,"
    but sometimes encouraged and/or required - if there are no
    farm animals available) but now you will *always* be haunted
    by a mistrust of her - a "transference manifestation" of your
    own pathethic lack of civility and morality - wrongfully to her.

    The reality is that *She is the victim here!*

    And you are "the pervert".

    Whereas over there, likely the local police don't really care,
    in order to gain some control of these self-inflicted "demons",
    you should turn yourself into the Church authorities at once -
    for "rehabilitative purification".

    Or just Google for it... "Google is your friend."

    --

    "I am neither a racist nor am I biased!
    Statistics would appear racist and biased.
    Bucky Breeder, Jan 27, 2007
  15. Budweiser

    Old Gringo Guest

    On or About 27 Jan 2007 15:29:18 GMT, Without Any Hesitation, Bucky
    Breeder Wrote The Following:

    > "Budweiser" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    >> I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the
    >> like activity.
    >> I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room
    >> connected via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as such
    >> have trusted her to make her own decisions on who she contacts etc.
    >> I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the trust
    >> placed in her.
    >> She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own
    >> account on it.
    >> Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and lets
    >> just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    >> My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others
    >> could easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation alot
    >> older.I am no prude either but draw the line on her organising meets
    >> with local lads aged 18 plus.
    >> Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a life
    >> changing decision or action with a minor.
    >>
    >> Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the contents
    >> of the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that is not
    >> really relevant.
    >> The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that
    >> records output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my
    >> "ring"), or at least have her machine save it to a file that i can
    >> access over the wireless network(shared folder on hers)
    >> Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do
    >> not want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but right
    >> now she does not have my trust and that is what it will have to be
    >> unless i can get the above installed, it will also save a direct
    >> confrontation which will probably embarrass her no end.
    >>
    >> cheers
    >> Budweiser --concerned father

    > You should /*not*/ have been forcing your deviant sex on your
    > own little daughter! Contrary to British custom, "Incest
    > is best!" is a statistical fallacy.
    >
    > Not only is it a sin and a crime (in most places except in
    > the UK, where incest is not only strictly-speaking "legal,"
    > but sometimes encouraged and/or required - if there are no
    > farm animals available) but now you will *always* be haunted
    > by a mistrust of her - a "transference manifestation" of your
    > own pathethic lack of civility and morality - wrongfully to her.
    >
    > The reality is that *She is the victim here!*
    >
    > And you are "the pervert".
    >
    > Whereas over there, likely the local police don't really care,
    > in order to gain some control of these self-inflicted "demons",
    > you should turn yourself into the Church authorities at once -
    > for "rehabilitative purification".
    >
    > Or just Google for it... "Google is your friend."

    OP's opening line:
    >> greetings one and all including kaditchaman,

    Another booboo <G>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    1/27/2007 9:40:48 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Jan 27, 2007
  16. Budweiser

    Old Gringo Guest

    On or About Sat, 27 Jan 2007 01:56:16 GMT, Without Any Hesitation,
    Budweiser Wrote The Following:

    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the like
    > activity.
    > I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room connected
    > via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as such have trusted
    > her to make her own decisions on who she contacts etc.
    > I had no concerns about this as i thought she understood the trust placed in
    > her.
    > She frequently uses my machine(main internet link) and has her own account
    > on it.
    > Tonight i came home and she had left herself logged on to MSN , and lets
    > just say i was not best pleased with the messages that popped up.
    > My daughter has just turned 13, from her profile i can see how others could
    > easily be missled,she does look in photos and in conversation alot older.I
    > am no prude either but draw the line on her organising meets with local lads
    > aged 18 plus.
    > Hormones are wonderfull things ,but i would hate some guy to make a life
    > changing decision or action with a minor.
    >
    > Is there software out there that will enable me to check on the contents of
    > the activity? -- not necessarily the sites visited as that is not really
    > relevant.
    > The preferable method would be for me to have a file on my pc that records
    > output from her pc (key logger? or am i talking out of my "ring"), or at
    > least have her machine save it to a file that i can access over the wireless
    > network(shared folder on hers)
    > Yes the intention is to spy, but for the right reasons i believe. I do not
    > want to have to supervise her net usage over her shoulder but right now she
    > does not have my trust and that is what it will have to be unless i can get
    > the above installed, it will also save a direct confrontation which will
    > probably embarrass her no end.
    >
    > cheers
    > Budweiser --concerned father

    Don't take all this to serious, but remember you are your daughters
    mentor, guardian, and protector, and as soon as she realizes that,
    your problems are over. It's up to you to convince her of that.
    Good Luck
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    1/27/2007 10:19:07 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Jan 27, 2007
  17. Budweiser

    Jason Guest

    "Budweiser" <> wrote in message
    > Wrong --i am 45 her father, she is 13.
    > It is a straight question. If you choose not to believe the
    > scenario--fine,you obviously do not have kids that age yet.
    > Budweiser

    Well at least she is in the house and not out smoking pot and drinking - and
    throwing herself about. You're out of touch with teenagers - take a look
    around.
    Jason, Jan 27, 2007
  18. You don't need key-loggers and anything fancy to monitor child usage.
    Asking that question here's going to shut this big wall down around people
    as Otter quite clearly displayed: "Yeah, right! You are 14 years old, and
    you want to be able to spy on the computer useage of adults, including your
    19 year old sister and 21 year old brother!"

    I can see your predicament, since this will be on her own machine...
    But perhaps if you installed these programs (you should be able to password
    lock them):

    Merely obtain a copy of Net Nanny:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/BIONET-SYST...d_ka_1/202-1021163-3156660?ie=UTF8&s=software

    That will enable you to choose pages she has access to -- and the time
    length online if she disobeys your trust!

    Obtain a copy of Chat Monitor from Net Nanny:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/LookSmart-N...ef=acc_glance__ai_1_title/202-1021163-3156660

    I don't have kids of my own (one day), I've only just turned 20 as of two
    days ago; but I am a Scout Leader and I know that kids between 10½ - 14½ are
    little tricky buggers.

    Merely ~block~ Bebo -- a 13 year old has no need for this site at her age,
    it's an online profile! It's designed for adults!
    And Monitor chat logs on MSN, maybe even ban her using this altogether.

    It isn't spying since if your story is authentic; it's merely -parental
    supervision-.

    Unless you tell entrust her with using Bebo and MSN -- if she breaks your
    trust, merely block her from using em until she learns to do as she's told.
    Harsh as it sounds, it's more for the best since as you said: "I would hate
    some guy to make a life changing decision or action with a minor."

    Hope it helps you somewhat,

    Warmest Regards,
    Dan
    Daniel Anderson, Jan 28, 2007
  19. Budweiser

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Budweiser wrote:
    > greetings one and all including kaditchaman,
    > I need to find someway of "recording" my daughters msn/bebo and the
    > like activity.
    > I installed some months ago a stand alone pc for her in her room
    > connected via wireless link to the main machine downstairs, and as
    > such have trusted her to make her own decisions on who she contacts
    > etc.

    That was NOT a smart move. Here - read this:
    http://2pcgeeks.com/2pcgeeks/children.htm

    Get a clue. Be a good parent - protect your family. It's your job.
    WhzzKdd, Jan 28, 2007