    but it went away after inadvertantly doing something, it's bugging the hell
    out of me...All the Best...FRED C..

    ---
    fredcromer, Apr 14, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Robin Guest

    is it 6.1 beta?

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm using msn messenger6.1, and every time i open the program, a window
    > opens insisting that i update to a newer version...but the newer version

    is
    > the 1 i'm using...6.1,
    > Has anyone any ideas why this is doing it , I had this problem a month

    ago,

    Robin, Apr 14, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    RIKI-D Guest

    I dont use msn anymore because of it...msn 6.0 would make my win 98 system
    crash so i stoped using it.. theres is lots of useless stuff in msn nowadays
    and theres not much you can do...besides i dont use any product
    that forces me to update...more often than not when it comes to software
    older is better

    RIKI-D, Apr 14, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    RIKI-D Guest

    no it was 6.0, but anything over 5.5 is a real pain in win 98
    are you using win 98 or xp ?

    Fygfc.155$...

    RIKI-D, Apr 15, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    Pepperoni Guest

    Why not use Trillian?
    http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/
    ("Basic" is free)
    Trillian allows you to use MSN, AOLIM, Yahoo, ICQ messengers ---all on one
    console and all at once. It is small, free, and not bloated with all the
    file transfer and other nonsense that you don't need. All you need is your
    sign in name or number and your password to log on. No need to even load
    the software for all those messengers.

    Trillian also has hundreds of skins to customise the look to your taste.
    (Aikon2 skin is trim and simple)

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Apr 15, 2004